2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a place that sells freight damaged whatever and see what kinds of chems they might have. I buy a ton of detergent types for home and business. Think soap, toilet cleaner and the like.

I’m getting 4 month old 5.75% bleach for a dollar a galllon. It is stored in a protected warehouse and works as well as anything I have tried so far.

I can't seem to find any chlorine deals here in the philly area. Not sure what's different this year but all stores seem to be out of stock. My local walmart that does have chlorine in stock is 5 months old. Sucks my leslie pools is charging $13 for 2 1 gal of 12.5%.

I can't seem to find any chlorine deals here in the philly area. Not sure what's different this year but all stores seem to be out of stock. My local walmart that does have chlorine in stock is 5 months old. Sucks my leslie pools is charging $13 for 2 1 gal of 12.5%.
See if your grocery store brand still carries 8.25. Usually $2.50-$3.

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Try Costco or Sam's Club IF you're already member. Won't be 10% probably, but might be cheap enough to make it up.
Also Home Depot HDX brand, but really have to check the production dates with HD.

There is a real rush among many brands to lower the content from 8.25% to 6% ths year, yet charge the same or more for a jug with 2.25% more water in it.
Kind of like the ever shrinking borax boxes. Retail thinks their clients are either too dumb to notice or too lazy to fight back.

Last edited:
There is a real rush among many brands to lower the content from 8.25% to 6% ths year, yet charge the same or more for a jug with 2.25% more water in it.

The bad thing is if they lower it and you aren't aware, then wonder why your FC isn't as expected. Our grocery store was sold out for a few weeks which made me suspicious when they got new stock in. Sure enough it is now 6%. For the same price of course!

Check your labels!!!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The bad thing is if they lower it and you aren't aware, then wonder why your FC isn't as expected. Our grocery store was sold out for a few weeks which made me suspicious when they got new stock in. Sure enough it is now 6%. For the same price of course!

Check your labels!!!

Agreed, all stores around me went from 8.25 to 6% - same label same price. I didn't even notice until I see differences in my pool.
Prices around me in Northern VA;
- Wegmans 6% 2.99 121oz
- Walmart 6% 2.67 121oz
- Aldi 6% 2.59 121oz

I may go to Lidl sometime soon, since last time I checked they still had 8.25% for around $2.50

HD does not stock bleach on my store, Lowe's had old dusty stock.

Cheapest and most convenient for me is HomeDepot.

3 (128oz) jugs for $8.98 (bulk pricing*) at 10% strength.

* If you buy 4 or more. Regular price is $9.98

Link :
https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-3-x-128-oz-Chlorinating-Liquid-30128HDX/303115700

Local ocean State job lot, 4 - 1 gallon in carboard box -- 12.5% $11.96

The single gallons are in a clear bottle and sit in the front of the store.. thinking they won't truly be 12.5% but the cases are probably solid.

Not bleach, but Ocean State also has the following:

4lbs CYA - $12.99
5lbs Sodium Bicarbonate - $6.99
5lbs Sodium Carbonate - $6.99
4lbs Calcium Chloride - $6.99
1 Gal Muriatic Acid - $11.99

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.