2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a steal, backhand! Cincinnati area Meijer has 4-gal cases of 10% for $9.99 (May 2018 dates) which is pretty good based on what I usually see. I’m headed to Menard’s tomorrow though for that sweet 12.5% deal (and a new deck box).

(As the jingle goes, “Save big money at
Menaaaard’s!”)

~Teany

I used the same bleach from wal-mart this year as last. Still $1.77/gal + tax. They have the great value cleaning bleach in a light blue label and a light green label, all same price until I noticed the blue label is 121oz. and the green label is 128oz. So now I get the light green label. Both are 6% bleach.

I used the same bleach from wal-mart this year as last. Still $1.77/gal + tax. They have the great value cleaning bleach in a light blue label and a light green label, all same price until I noticed the blue label is 121oz. and the green label is 128oz. So now I get the light green label. Both are 6% bleach.
The only thing I see online that's 128 oz is this (blue). Great Value Cleaning Bleach, 128 fl oz - Walmart.com
Will check out store next time I'm there.

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Having trouble finding decent prices in Maryland - specifically, Montgomery/Frederick County. The best I've seen so far is Walmart's Chlorinating Liquid in their pool section. 128 FL OZ at 10% for $3.67 which is $0.287 per FL OZ. Anyone seen better in the area?

Was just in HEB and surprised to see their Bravo brand back down to $2.59 (had been recently raised to $2.94), only the regular version (which is what we want). Still 8.25%. Only bought 3 since I have 16g of 10% coming from Ace.

The link above isn't supported by TFP however the PoolMath App is and also has a price calculator built in. :cool: The link above has been on and off over the last few months and it's future is unknown.

I wish PoolMath would add price info about whether it is a good deal or bad deal like the above link. That website lists 6 color coded choices ranging from "great" to "horrible". I don't need the color coding and three choices would do on my Pool Math App if they would consider adding that info! :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rural King has 10% gallon Pool Shock, 4 per case $8.99m, $2.25/gal .17/oz chlorine

Yes, I just wish there more Rural King stores in this area! But it is a great deal! :)

Dollar General used to be my go-to for bleach...they have $2 of $10 and $5 off $25 coupons.

This past week, they had a .75 coupon on bleach. I thought it would be the same 8.25% that I bought all last year...no...everything on their shelf was 6%. I was told that they had to decrease their shelf space for bleach from an 8 ft. section to 4 ft., but increase fabric softener space.

I'll no longer drive out to Ace for "on sale" pool shock. Ordered 16g during Memorial day sale, I figured since they were out of stock anything coming in would be fresh. After 2 week wait, they came in. January '18, so 5 months old; 10% probably closer to 7 or 8%, or less if in hot warehouse. I cancelled all but 4. HEB 8.25% at $2.59 2 weeks old is a better deal (and 1 mile away instead of 20). Watch the date codes!

Live in Northern CA. Cheapest I could find is at Home Depot 2 gallons of 10% chlorine at $6.17 if you buy 4. Comes to $0.24/oz of chlorine. Not cheap. I would be interested if anyone in East Bay area has found cheaper than in Sams, Costco, Walmart, Leslie, bulk supplier, Dollar Tree.

That’s a steal, backhand! Cincinnati area Meijer has 4-gal cases of 10% for $9.99 (May 2018 dates) which is pretty good based on what I usually see. I’m headed to Menard’s tomorrow though for that sweet 12.5% deal (and a new deck box).

(As the jingle goes, “Save big money at
Menaaaard’s!”)

~Teany

I'm also in Cincinnati. The Meijer $10 price is just a special sale price I think... at least last year it's regular price was $13 but it went on sale for $10 once in awhile. Kroger has 4 packs of 10% for $10 as the regular everyday price. The dates are usually within 30 days too. Just a heads up for a fellow Cincinnatian.

In Panama (Panama) in the retail stores you can only purchase regular Clorox at 3-4% for 4$/gal

The best that I have found until now in wholesale is:
Liquid chlorine 10-12%: 13$ for a 5gal swapping tanks and 17$ with tank.
Calcium Hypochlorite 65%: 148.50$ 100lb (seems a good option as I have to add Calcium regularly, more in rainy season)

I've been using the Lidl brand 8.25% bleach lately and it seems to be working fine. It's pretty cheap too. I'll update with most current price once I pick more up tonight! :)

Edit: The Lidl bleach was $2.15 for 121 oz of 8.25% , which breaks down to $0.20/oz of chlorine. They were out of bleach at the time, so I went to Ollie's Discount Outlet and found 128 oz of 10% bleach for $2.99, breaking down to $0.23/oz of chlorine, and it was fresh. According to the date, it was manufactured 2 months ago. This was in Northern Virginia.

Last edited:
I did used Lidl brand 2 gallons, but I think it put me behind little bit. I returned back to my initial bleach from Wegmans $2.99 vs $2.19(Lidl) I think with same strength. I could be just me but I did not like the Lidl brand - though I love Lidl, those german sourdough breads are one to live for.
I've been using the Lidl brand 8.25% bleach lately and it seems to be working fine. It's pretty cheap too. I'll update with most current price once I pick more up tonight! :)

Weiss in Maryland has 12.5 percent "shock" for swimming pools for $2.24. Label says 12.5% sodium hypochlorite and 87.5% "other" but I think it is just strong bleach. We bought out the entire store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.