2017 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rural King in my area has a sale going on right now. 4 gallons Liquid Shock 10% for $7.99. Thats $0.156/oz. Great deal, and with current date codes. Some was manufactured on the 65th and 66th day of this year but it did not take much to find fresh ones dated 148 or so.

My local Pinch a Penny has 2.5gal 10.5% refill jugs at $5.60/each. Works out to $2.24/gallon. Not convenient lugging jugs in and out, but the chlorine is fresh and from what I see on here pretty cheap. Gives me the chance to compare my home testing results against theirs :) too.

I'm paying $2.70 for 121 oz of 8.25% after using Cartwheel app and Red Card at Target. Up and Up brand - with no discount it's $2.99. I've yet to find a time that the the Up and Up laundry products are not on special on the Cartwheel app.

Big R (a TSC-type store in IL, IN and OH) has 10% chlorine pool shock cases of (4) 1 gallon jugs for $6.99
Plus they (had?) a $2 merchandise rebate on (2) cases
$0.097/oz after rebate

We used to have that store here. I was sad when they changed the name to Coastal Farm because I can lo longer call it the "pirate store"...

Big ARRRRR!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The problem lately is finding it on the shelves. I've had to shop around a little and for the area (NW part of Dallas) I've found 121 oz. 8.25% for 2.99 or less.

Kroger store brand: 3.29 (2.99 on sale)
Target Up & Up: 2.99 (need to try Cartwheel as gio5 suggested)
Aldi (Tandil): 2.69

Aldi's Tandil bottle/cap/seal are identical to Kroger's brand packaging. Trying Tandil now.

Ace Hardware's HTH 10% 1 gal for $2.99 is a better deal. They have it in Carrollton, next door to Aldi. Wish I'd checked before going out there.

Also found a place that does commercial services (DCC Pools). They said a 55 gal. drum would be about $2.35/gal.

For any Canadians here: Canadian Tire has their Aquarius brand 5L Chlorinating liquid (10.8%) currently on sale for $4.79 each. Got what I hope is all I need for the summer now!

I use the Walmart great value concentrated bleach. Its $1.98 for 3.6 L and is 8.25%. When you translate that into 5L and 10.8% it is $3.60. For any Americans that come to Canada often that works out to $1.56 USD/Gallon of 8.25%. Since I see lots of posts on here of 10% chlorine it is equal to $1.89 USD/Gallon.

I use the Walmart great value concentrated bleach. Its $1.98 for 3.6 L and is 8.25%. When you translate that into 5L and 10.8% it is $3.60. For any Americans that come to Canada often that works out to $1.56 USD/Gallon of 8.25%. Since I see lots of posts on here of 10% chlorine it is equal to $1.89 USD/Gallon.

The GV bottles aren't labelled with a percentage, and when I checked what I thought was the correct MSDS it was listed as 4-5%. Can you point me to the correct info? I'd love to, be able to use the GV if it's cheaper!

New Pinch a Penny opened in my area Louetta/Grant in NW Houston. No sale on that I could see, buy the 2.5gallon jug for 7.50 one time and then the 10.5% chlorine fill is 7.88.....but 10 get one free.....so 2.84/gallon of 10.5% after 10 fills.

Wow, I regularly fill two of those jugs for about the same price at the Leslie's around the corner. I've also seen the occasional coupon for 3 jugs for $10 (approaching $1. 33/gal!), but that's a special sale.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.