2017 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone looked into buying bulk liquid chlorine? I found this site that offers 53 gallons in a 55 gallon drum, LIQUID CHLORINE 53 GALLON DRUM - CHEM-SERV Commercial Pool Products
This works out to be about $3.13 / gallon. Does anyone purchase this type volume?

Not me, and I don't think many here would. You have a few things to consider with that method - the first being (personally) that I don't think I use that much in two years. Shelf life and the loss of chlorine effectiveness is one consideration, not to mention if you store that drum outside in the heat, the effectiveness decreases even faster...

Where are the date codes on the Home Depot bleach? The bottles at my store looked to be years old, it was insane. Pallets and pallets of bleach containers, most faded beyond legibility. Thought about making the manager an offer on a large lot, assuming they were diluted to 3%.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ollies has it for 2.99 for a full gallon of 12.5%... going there tomorrow with coupons, so should be 10% less at best. been getting 8% at Aldi for 2.80 a gallon. Was waiting for Ollies... Seems all the companies have raised prices this year as Ollies was 2.50 last year.

Went to Walmart this morning and got 121oz of 8.25% bleach for $2.94. Also got 128oz of 10% chlorine for $3.64. If I am doing my math correctly, this makes the pool chlorine a little cheaper per ounce($0.28 vs $0.29 per ounce of chlorine)

Went to Walmart this morning and got 121oz of 8.25% bleach for $2.94. Also got 128oz of 10% chlorine for $3.64. If I am doing my math correctly, this makes the pool chlorine a little cheaper per ounce($0.28 vs $0.29 per ounce of chlorine)

You are doing the math right. The 10% Chlorine is $0.01 per ounce cheaper.

This is my first year owning pool, so I was wondering if historically prices are higher this time of year since the demand is higher as people start opening their pools. I was just curious if prices tend to drop as we get later in the swimming season?

$3.43 a gallon for 10% at my Home Depot (85202) and I'm there about 3 times a week so no real need to get more than 4 gallons at a time. The latest purchase had a manufacturing date code of April 11th so it was under a month old when I got it. They do sometimes have old stock so check your codes. Walmart is a little cheaper sometimes but I hate going there. I know there is a pool store around here that has a better deal (AM Corsons's?)on larger totes but it's out of my way and not worth the special trip.

Two of the Home Depot 2-gallon packs are easy to carry and are perfect to refill my 5-gallon injector jug when it has just under a gallon remaining.

10% 2-gallon pack Home Depot HDX product code 17 100 12:22C =

All you need to worry about are the first 5 digits.

17 = 2017
100 = 100th day of the year
12:22 = time of day
C = unknown to me but probably production line or building info.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.