Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some pics I wanted you to see

1. Back To Top    #1

some pics I wanted you to see

Here are some pics I dug up today, and wanted to share, while I was looking at some landscape options.
    27' with resin top rail.
    I wish I would have taken off the solar cover for the pics
    I will get my specs for my sig as soon as my test kit comes in. I was expecting it today!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AG, 27' round, 17,100 gallons, Sand filter, 3/4 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: some pics I wanted you to see

Looks great even with the cover on!
    22 ft octagon, inground, 4 ft ave depth - figured @ 11,400 gallons, well water
    Steel walls with sand bottom and vinyl liner : under full sun
    Harmsco Betterfilter w/14 paper cartridges
    1 hp Hayward motor

Baqua to Chlorine in 2010.

~Wisconsin~

3. Back To Top    #3

It's beautiful and the deck is huge!

Love your yard, too
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks great

What kind of Jeep do you have?

5. Back To Top    #5

wow that is a huge deck!!! The pool looks really nice.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the kind words.
    I would really like to get some underpinning of some kind going this summer.
    I have never really liked the look of lattice, but will probably use it

As for jeeps I currently own a 97 sahara that I bought from original owner in 02,
    I like jeeps and sold my scrambler (cj-8) last summer after owning it for 2 years,(don't ask why) That thing was pretty sweet (I also bought it from original owner).

We contemplated for a whole winter on the deck size and layout. It is nice to be able to get all the way around it. My sister has a 30' with deck on one side and she has a hard time with the cover.

Again thanks for the compliments! I hope my test kit comes in today!

7. Back To Top    #7

Beautiful

Is that Trex or a similar plastic/wood material? We redid our steel pier and beam, elevated 30 x 30 deck with Trex (all attachment to metal underneath so nothing showing), purchased the first year it was available for the consumer. It has been a dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first productions were not as evenly colored as they are today, which is great for our rustic environment. I've only cleaned it about three times in about 10 years. There are a lot of messy trees all around it that "spit" a lot and it's never stained the Trex although it does stain cheaper fabric umbrellas (but not Sunbrella). The 200+ lb dogs don't leave "blast off" scratches any worse than they do on hard woods. If one has to have it perfect, small scratches can be lightly sanded out. The only staining I've had is rust from chairs or metal bases, re., goat milking stand (used for washing dogs, setting feeder on when filling, potting, etc.) metal umbrella bases, metal chairs, etc. They come out readily.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

8. Back To Top    #8

This is from Lowes, choicedek I believe. I didn't check until I had quite alot of it down to see if the lot numbers matched.
    They didn't, you can tell if your looking for it. It probably bothers me most. I got it for $18.85 for a 16' board , that was from the $21.00 listed price at that time. We felt like that was a good deal at the time. And we still feel like we did the right thing by going with it.

Note to others: If purchasing more than one bundle of composite decking MAKE SURE the lot numbers match!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdad
    As for jeeps I currently own a 97 sahara that I bought from original owner in 02,
    I like jeeps and sold my scrambler (cj-8) last summer after owning it for 2 years,(don't ask why) That thing was pretty sweet (I also bought it from original owner).

!
    Very cool Some day I would like to have an 8.

Here's a pic of one of mine (I have another one that I am fixing up for Mama, but it is very much a work in progress still!).

10. Back To Top    #10

Very nice is that a commando. I love those wheels too, classic lock 2's right. Yeah I will have an 8 again I just can't restore anything right now and needed the space. I am actually thinking that a 03-05 unlimited would be a good one to buy within the next 5 years. The production numbers were about the same as the 8, plus you've got coil springs and fuel injection

Nice Jeep thanks for posting

11. Back To Top    #11

That one is a Jeepster. It's a '68, true convertible. They made 422 of that particular model that year. I'm working on a half cab (they made less of those!) for my wife. The half cab will have a TBI engine (like I have in the convertible), but will probably be leafs still. Coil springs would be nice though!

Just another disease, like these swimming pools

12. Back To Top    #12

I love that Jeep!!!! I owned a 2000 TJ and we traded it in on a boat. I miss my Jeep alot! As soon as I get my current vehicle paid for, I am going to get another 2000. I want a straight 6 in it though. Don't want the new motor. Love it. Be sure and post a pic of the other one too. I will never own a rare one like this but I do enjoy being a part of the "Jeep Thing"
    24' Above Ground installed March, 2010
    22 Sand Filter With Zeolite
    1.5 HP Motor Pump

Successfully using the BBB Method!

pool-school

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by jmack1159
    I love that Jeep!!!! I owned a 2000 TJ and we traded it in on a boat. I miss my Jeep alot! As soon as I get my current vehicle paid for, I am going to get another 2000. I want a straight 6 in it though. Don't want the new motor. Love it. Be sure and post a pic of the other one too. I will never own a rare one like this but I do enjoy being a part of the "Jeep Thing"
    I really think that the TJ is going to be the best all around jeep to have because The wranglers they are producing now, while nice, I think are a little too big, and the older CJ while nostalgic aren't as nice as the TJ. IF I had a choice it would be a 04-06 unlimited rubicon 6 spd in khaki. Everybody likes different things but the jeep thing is different. After owning a scrambler I would own one again just because of the enjoyment and rarity of a collectible jeep.

14. Back To Top    #14

Proud 99 TJ owner.
    All kinds of fun.
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

15. Back To Top    #15

Poolgirl22, I bought my cj-8 from a Guy in Dillsborough Indiana

16. Back To Top    #16

That's about 2-3 hours from me. Nice area over there. S. Indiana seems full of jeeps...not sure what the deal is, but it's rather like an epidemic right now in my circle. Thankfully I was one of the first....
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Boy did this get off topic

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by jmack1159

I bought that Jeep from a buddies Dad about 25 years ago; it looked nothing like it does now! I actually sold my boat to fix the Jeep up! I had a 2000 Wrangler also The Jeep Thing is definitely a disease!

You asked, so I'm gonna post a pic of the Half Cab! This is a shot of when I picked it up a couple months ago in Northern California (and it doesn't look much different now!). Ya think I got my work cut out for me??!

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by simicrintz
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepdad

!
    Very cool Some day I would like to have an 8.

Here's a pic of one of mine (I have another one that I am fixing up for Mama, but it is very much a work in progress still!).

Sweet. Looks like fun.

Uncle Dave
    20K Gallon Gunnite pool/900 Gallon in ground Spa/2HP WhisperflowSpa
    Pentair Master temp 400/Hayward Sand Zebrite/Jandy RS-8 Aqualink/Jandy 2HP Epump
    12 - 4x10 Solar Panels/Barracuda G3/ BBB

20. Back To Top    #20

My tf100 came in but I've been really busy. I hope to get some numbers and update my sig this weekend. Nice half cab too
    Man I love Jeeps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast