2 SWG’s on an Omni PL?

ChrisLPC

In The Industry
Jul 11, 2023
Ohio
So…. I have pool that is about to be completed for a customer. It’s pretty complex. 2 Laminars, 2 Waterbowls, 2 SWG’s, UV filter and an Omni PL. The 2nd SWG is for the spa. My only concern is that the customer is happy with their setup and that it is fully automated. That being said, is there any expansion I can add to the Omni to support a 2nd SWG. Or is there something like an Omni hub I can hook up a separate Aquarite to have the system fully “automated “. The designer said just to hook the other salt cell up to a separate Aquarite but I don’t think the customer will be happy with having spent all this money just to have a stand alone Aquarite.

AFAIK a Hayward system can only control a single SWG cell.

As a Pool Professioanl have you called Hayward and discussed the needs of your customer with them?

so I found out through my Hayward rep that you can use an Aquarite S3 series and run a comm cable to the Omni and put the Aquarite on remote!
That is good to know as the OmniPL and Aquarite S3 are fairly new and all their capabilities are not well understood.

That is good to know as the OmniPL and Aquarite S3 are fairly new and all their capabilities are not well understood.
That’s one of the main reasons i joined this forum. Even Hayward has not been sure of a few things. I have a great rep and we have both been coming up with resolutions for each other. Kind of neat and frustrating to help the manufacturer when technology is new. Had to help them figure out a few issues with different types of heat pumps and communication with Omni’s.

That’s one of the main reasons i joined this forum. Even Hayward has not been sure of a few things. I have a great rep and we have both been coming up with resolutions for each other. Kind of neat and frustrating to help the manufacturer when technology is new. Had to help them figure out a few issues with different types of heat pumps and communication with Omni’s.
Feel free to share here what you learn. You can see how it is even more difficult for us to keep up with what Hayward is doing. Hayward’s communications and manuals are not the best for retail customers.

So the system is up and running! The Omni PL will not run 2 SWG’s…. I had programmed the pool and the spa multiple times then saved to reboot only to go right back to the “configure your pool” screen. After un hooking the comm cable for the aquarite the system fully rebooted. The install manual says you can remotely run an Aquarite S3 with and Omni. Which might be true if you don’t have a salt cell plugged into it. Maybe it was a programming error. There was an option for 2 cells but I didn’t think that would work with a complete separation of the spa and pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.