2 inch vs 1 1/2" skimmers

Jun 7, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
We are getting all 3 skimmers replaced at the pool at work. We had 2 inch skimmers and I see now that the new skimmers the contractor put in are 1 1/2"

We use the skimmer to vacuum. We plug 2 skimmers, and put in the vacuum hose on the 3rd, then close the main drain valve til we get 15 in of vacuum pressure.

Is it a good idea for them to put in 1 1/2 instead of 2 inch skimmers? I have a feeling I'll clog up the hose line a lot easier, not to mention I have to buy 1 1/2 hose and vacuum head. Will the suction in the skimmers be also less?

You just need to buy an adapter not an entire new setup. I doubt you are vacuuming anything up that would clog either line. If the new skimmers are already in, there isn't much you can do about it. Not sure why they would spec lower capacity skimmers but I suspect they should be ok. You'll have to play around to figure out how you get proper vacuum with the new setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.