2,000 gallon Spa, with recurring staining.

bshopman

Jul 9, 2021
So, this problem has been going on for a few years, and it's SOOOO frustrating. I have a 2,000 gallon fiberglass spa/pool. We call it a spool! I had noticed staining on the walls and floors. Not spots, but the entire surface. I had the water tested, and there were no metals. It seems that if there is too much chlorine in the water, the staining starts. Now, please keep in mind, I keep the chlorine level REALLY LOW, like at 1. So sometimes after a lot of use or really hot weather, the water starts to cloud up -- so I have to shock. Not super shock or anything, just enough to clear the water. The chlorine level still remains low, but a few days after the water clears up, the staining starts again. Water remains clear. So to eliminate the stains, I make sure the chlorine is low and use citric acid and the stains lift immediately. Of course, this destroys what little chlorine there is in the water, so it starts to cloud up again. So i have to add chlorine, and then the staining starts, and so on and so on. I went through this same process using Sparkle Conquest before switching to the citric acid, with pretty much the same results and cycle. Any thoughts???

How do you chlorinate?? Sounds like you certainly DO have metals in your water to me. Do you test your own water- if so which test kit??

Take a sample of water to a different pool store than before and ask for just the metals test. Don't buy anything they suggest. Just tell us what they say for the test results.

Welcome to TFP :)

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.