2.0 Copper when testing pool water for the first time

May 22, 2017
Midland Michigan
Hi!
I just opened my pool and did the first water check. I have most all the chemicals figured out but the copper tested at 2.0. The pool store suggested I buy the CULater 4.0 which is $85 and I said I would wait on that since I wanted to check here and see if anyone can give me any insight. Also our “check cell” light is always blinking and last year at the end of the season we sent it in to the place where we purchased the chlorinator and everything else and after testing they sent it back and said it was working fine. I don’t believe there is nothing wrong with it otherwise the kogjr
Wouldn’t be blinking constantly. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !

Hello! :wave: If that copper level is true (who confirmed that by the way) it's well over anything manageable and would best be addressee with a fairly good water exchange. The million dollar question really is how did so much copper get in there to begin with? Pool store algaecides and "blue" products, or does your heater have a copper which possibly eroded? It's important to confirm the origin of the copper to effectively prevent it from recurring.

Agree with Splash, especially looking in to the possibility that the heat exchanger was damaged. If it has been eaten away it could leak and would need to be replaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.