1st timer

nebtex

Aug 4, 2016
Midlothian TX
We are about to put in our first pool. I'm excited and anxious as this has been on the wish list for over 4 years when we made the move from Nebraska to Texas (south of Dallas).

Inground approx 21,000 gal
Overall 40' x 18'
Depth 3.5' to 6.5'
Tanning Ledge 8'x6'
Extra seating.
Straight old fashioned chlorine.
My wife has to have straight lines so we are putting in a rectangle pool. Started with having a spa but decided against it for financial and use reasons. I still wanted the seating so we just took out the walls of the spa and left the seating are there.
No questions yet but I'm sure I will soon.

Our_Pool2.jpg

Looks good.... rectangle pools are *classic* looking! Your tile, pool finish and coping choices are what dress up that pool. You've customized it too with your seating option.

Welcome to TFP! Our pool owners know pools and you'll find answers here to all your questions :)

Maddie :flower:

oh...and another thought- wanna rethink that depth? Make sure that is *water depth* and not wall height. I would also consider going 4'-7 or 8'
too. Your baha shelf, steps and seating provide more shallow options for tots, but 3' or 3'6" is kinda shallow for most folks. Also more shallow pool water tends to get warmer at then desired in the heat of the summer.
My two cents.

Maddie :flower:

Made a few adjustments during final decision meeting.

Small_View.jpg
Pool Size: 40' x 18'
Perimeter: 116 Feet
Area: 720 Sq. Ft.
Gallons: 21,000
Depths: 3'6" x 5'10" x 4'6"
Pump: Pentair Intelliflo VSF Variable Speed Pump
Filter: Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420
Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy 920 Robotic
Computer: Pentair Easytouch 4 with App

COSMETICS
Coping: Silvermist Flagstone
Waterline Tile: Noble NVCC 668 Windsor Grey
Raised Beam: Noble NGVC 62430 Beige Cubics 6"x 24" Tile
Interior: Smooth Pebble Crystal Stones Tropical Isle

Welcome to the forum!
I know you said 'plain old chlorine'. Realize that is what a SaltWater Chlorine Generator is. At least leave a space big enough in the plumbing to install it. You will get tired of lugging the jugs of chlorine and putting it in every day.

I see a bubbler and do not know about lights. Each light needs a relay if you wish to control it separately. An ET8 is always a good idea for future expansion. The new Intellicenter is the best way to go.

Realize if you do not get the ET with SWCG now, you will have an additional power supply box on the wall when you install the SWCG.

I'm assuming the bottom of your drawing is the side closest to the house. Have you considered switching the steps/tanning ledge with the bench so that you dont have to walk around to the other side of the pool to get in?

Also, the bench side looks like a cool seating area, but it would be even cooler if you put a table in there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We thought about a sleeve or pedestals and table but I'm looking at the space for future (5-7+ years) for the grandkids to play in 3.5' water. Had the dig 10/14 and yes your seeing 8-15 inches of dirt and then solid limestone all the way down.

Pool Hole2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.