1st Time New Pool Owner ( Long time hot tub owner ) …GREEEEN 🤮

We can easily make you backward compatible because you will have to supplement the SWG with liquid chlorine at times while you learn the system.

Even though your SLAM had quick results, you got the basics down of testing and adding chlorine. You do the same thing as the SLAM, but to regular target level, daily, instead of every few hours. If you test and see that the SWG added enough FC to cover today's loss, then you move on without needing to add more FC. You then expect it to add enough FC tomorrow too, which you verify and adjust if needed.

Reactions: Leeboy20
Morning ☀️ 🥵….. kinda off “ this topic/thread” question 🙋🏻‍♂️. My g/f father has a extra salt cell or something to convert a pool to salt . He said we could have it . Do I want to take him up on this or just go with what we are doing( learning) with the liquid chlorine ? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Take it, you don't have to haul liquid chlorine, just keep a bit on hand for big pool days with splash out.

A free swg is always a good thing (if it works).
Definitely Take it , after SLAM is done you can work on getting it going. Until its all set up you will maintain high target fc levels w/ liquid chlorine daily using the chlorine portion of the FC/CYA Levels.
When u get it, let us know the details of it (brand, cell size, age of cell, etc.) along w/ pics of your equipment pad & wiring & we can help u figure out set up.
It is generally recommended to have a swg that’s rated for at least 2x’s your pool volume but for free, any chlorine it produces is better than none!

Thanks for info on getting the SWG . I’ll look Into it this week . Get some pics .
On another note I need to learn about this The kreepy krauly 820. I was going to put it in this morning . So I cleaned it up and noticed parts missing . I circled what is there and missing . I don’t want to do any damage to the robot or pool so I won’t put it in right now until I’m informed .

Attachments

• 49EBAF5F-75EB-45EB-993A-18AB04FBFC6C.jpeg
    49EBAF5F-75EB-45EB-993A-18AB04FBFC6C.jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 57720D53-9938-410C-B23E-2250CCC143F6.jpeg
    57720D53-9938-410C-B23E-2250CCC143F6.jpeg
    517.2 KB · Views: 27
Here’s the parts list 👇
You may want to call Marina & possibly email them those pics to see exactly what u need.

Reactions: Leeboy20

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s definitely getting there!
Keep at it until U pass ALL 3 end of slam criteria
You are done when:

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
the water is clear. (Crystal Clear)

Reactions: Newdude
I have to find a new vacuum . The one that came with the house , the bros takes are falling out like crazy . It's just a $25 bucker . So I'll check for one today. Am I ready to check the chlorine drop overnight yet ? Or still wait for clearing ?

You can wait for the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test until it’s crystal clear or u can try one tonight to get an idea of how things are progressing- up to u. It can be a pain in the but to try & beat the sun out of bed 🤣
After u are crystal clear, you will need to do another oclt to confirm you’re really good to go. When it’s still hazy you may pass tonight but fail tomorrow- it’s the nature of the algae beast.

Getting anything in Canada is a chore when it comes to the test kits. I just reordered some regents and it was $60CAD alone for a 2oz 871.

Chlorine is another slap. Canadian Tire used to sell the 5 gallon for $4.99, now it's 3.2G for the same price...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.