1st test results : under shock

Thank you. Yes. Plan to just do that tomorrow. I’m so glad I found this forum. I didn’t want to mess up all I did already so figured I would bring it back up to the slam level overnight 39ppm and we are going to drain and fill tomorrow. It’s such a small pool it was only 5 cups of my bleach to raise it

My water pump in the house has a gauge on it calculating a flow rate of 7 gal/ min. Assuming 5 gal minute at hose we are looking at only 8 hours to fill it up so I hope to have a new CYA reading for you tomorrow night.

Do I have to let it filter/circulate a lot with the new water before re testing CYA? Or just wait an hour with filter once filled?

Ok. Pool drained 1/2. It was 40 inches, brought it to 20 and refilled it. Will have the filter circulate over night. Test results in the morning. I have a strong suspicion my cya will drop by 1/2. Lol

Here are the results from this morning

FC: 22.5
CC: .5. (Using 10ml mark to save reagents)
TA: 125
CH: 100
CYA: 50 right on the money !!!
Color: pretty aqua - more blue than green

PoolMath says SLAM level needs to be 20 which it is over. I will continue to filter and maintain the 20.

Any other suggestions or recommendations at this point?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you so much! Current pic attached

I think I’m going to keep watch on this thread (somehow) because I’ve got the same pretty aqua color but the cloudy isn’t changing much...and I’m on day 3 of SLAM. My FC didn’t drop overnight this time. Interesting. Mknauss has been helpful in my first SLAM! I’m appreciating this site a lot!

OP - please fill out a signature. If you have a sand filter there is a process you can use for using DE to filter better.

Try this when you can be at the filter all the time.

I kind of lost track. It was black when I started. I think I’m on day 13 today but I had so much cya I’m not sure I was slamming that whole time

Still a little cloudy today. Test just now was 21ppm so I will keep it up until clear.

I Have to vacuum tomorrow cause I saw some dirt popping up.

I kind of lost track. It was black when I started. I think I’m on day 13 today but I had so much cya I’m not sure I was slamming that whole time

Still a little cloudy today. Test just now was 21ppm so I will keep it up until clear.

I Have to vacuum tomorrow cause I saw some dirt popping up.
Ok. I feel better. I started at almost black water, dumped chlorine in for a couple days or so until my test kit arrived and I had little to no CYA. ??‍♀️
Tomorrow will be day 6 of SLAM, I think. I am seeing progress. I just had no vague to know if I should see clear water in a week or in a month...another week and I should be good, I feel.

Still a little cloudy. Can really see the bottom now. FC was at 20 so I put a little more in to offset loss from any sun today. I put in to make it 22 and realized I put the wrong % bleach into PoolMath so it’s going to jump to 24 now but it’s all good. Hoping tomorrow will be better

8pm check. Big drop given this was probably at 24 level this morning but tons of sun and still killing algae im sure

FC 19

I decided to bring it up to 28 because it will be very sunny tomorrow and I will not have time for a morning check. Filter is running great.

I’ll post when it is crystal clear for help with the next steps

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.