Gallatin , TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
New vinyl pool owners....We just had our first pool party yesterday evening. What should I anticipate running my SWG pump and percentage today? We have been running the pump 10 hrs a day and about 30%. Should I have “prepared” prior to the party by increasing run times and chlorine levels? Just bought the TF-100 test kit and started testing the beginning of last week and results have all been within normal limits.

Welcome! :wave: Well, sounds like you broke the pool in properly. :cheers: :swim: Now to play catch up. Your last Poolmath log test was 4 days ago, so test the FC ASAP. That's #1. With am SWG, your CYA should be around 70 and your FC somewhere around 4-5. If the FC is lower than 4, hit it with liquid chlorine or regular bleach right away. I would increase it to about 6-8 ppm to help kill all the bacteria and spilled drinks. :crazy: Remember to always reflect back to the FC/CYA Levels to keep the FC and CYA balanced together to avoid algae. If the water goes rally cloudy or green on your, let us know.

Reactions: CCorley2
So here are my readings tonight after 10 hrs running the pump and SWG at 40%. Our water looks pretty good... mostly clear but not crystal clear. I’m at a loss of what to do next and how much... my pH is drifting down a little and FC is at the minimum for my CYA level right? Do I need more chlorine and increase pH slightly? If so, how do I know how much to add?

Attachments

• C07DE288-281C-4CA3-AE9C-581FE1639979.jpeg
    C07DE288-281C-4CA3-AE9C-581FE1639979.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 14
Do not increase pH. It is fine.

If you have some liquid chlorine, use it (how many gallons is this pool? Please fill out your signature).

If not, get some in it tomorrow. Shoot for a FC of 20% of CYA until the pool clears.

Reactions: CCorley2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.