1st numbers with TF-100

Feb 11, 2017
Wilmington Il
HI everyone,

I just had my pool installed and because of weather couldn't get the water truck so, I started with my well, then don't laugh used my sump pump to fill the pool, in the spring my pump goes off every 20 seconds or so, any way I did a few of the tests and some numbers are way to high I think. 1st does the temp matter water is below 70 degrees. I stopped testing when I saw these numbers. does it look like I have to drain some or could the temp cause some of this.

TA- 470
CH- 475
FC- 5
PH- 7.5
CYA- 0

Thanks

Is that TA really 470 or is that a typo? If that's what you got, make sure you do this:

Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wipping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop

Pool School - Total Alkalinity

CYA relatively soon would be a good idea.

You just have hard water. You probably already know this from the crust on showerheads and coffeemakers.

A tip: If you expect that your TA level is extremely high, you can do the test so that each drop is 25, instead of 10, to speed up the process and save on reagent usage. Use 10 ml of pool water, 1 drop of R-0007, 3 drops of R-0008, and multiply the number of drops of R-0009 by 25 to get your TA level.

That was lifted straight out of Pool School - Extended Test Kit Directions. It doesn't really matter if you use the large sample and get 470 TA or the small sample and get 475. There's a similar shortcut for the CH test. It saves reagents and time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.