1998 Pool renovation underway (1/23/2020 Dallas)

Are they adding an inground cleaning system? If so, I had no idea that was possible? I wish I had done that with my build but didn't have money at the time! My neighbor got it and they love it.....looks beautiful!

Are they adding an inground cleaning system? If so, I had no idea that was possible? I wish I had done that with my build but didn't have money at the time! My neighbor got it and they love it.....looks beautiful!

I believe he updated the cleaning heads, if I recall reading from the start of the thread?

Reactions: JRB100
YippeeSkippy got it right... We already had an in-floor cleaning system and were able to have the popups, leaf vac, drains, and actuator replaced with the latest models.

Looking good and should be ready for the weather to change soon. It is odd to me that they put in the new tile before the plaster chip out. Were they able to do that without damaging the tile?

Day 13 (Mon, Feb. 17, 2020)
Plaster (micro mini pebble quartz fusion white)
2020021701-truck.jpg
Setup, fill around popups, cover deck, coping, & tile, begin plaster to spa.
2020021702-prep-setup-fill.jpg
Plaster, trowel pool & spa.
2020021703-plasterbegins.jpg
Finished for today.
2020021705-spa.jpg

2020021706-steps.jpg
2020021707-fullview.jpg
Crew tomorrow to expose aggregate with acid wash and begin fill. (Fill will occur with water which will be balanced before it goes into the pool. The big white barrel in the background will be used to balance the water.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That team is doing a bang up job! Keep their name handy, I'm telling you. You WILL surely be asked for it by this recommendation.

Maddie :flower:
It was really something to watch. Five workers positioned themselves around the pool/spa with two more around the pool and one at the truck. After the spa was blown with plaster, the hose was passed to one of five workers in the pool. They each would blow plaster for their portion, then pass the hose to the next. The first person then troweled their area. Then a second coat of plaster around the pool, trowel work never stopped. Lots of washing, troweling, washing, troweling,... I didn't want to walk away. The guy in the spa worked it for two to three hours. The last guy to finish was the same one that did the prep work a week ago (Day 10). It was apparent he is very specific standards for himself and the crew.

Day 14 (Fri., Feb. 21, 2020)
Popups installed. (Pump has been running the past three days without popups, flushing lines,...)
Mastic complete.
Pool company is handling startup for the next week.
One major item remaining: adding handrail at the steps.

Here's a look at some before and after shots. It is nice working with people that know what they are doing.

a20200115-Pool-from-house.jpga20200224-pool-from-house.jpgb20200115-Spa-front.jpg
b20200224-spa-front.jpg

c20200115-Pool-end.jpg
c20200224-pool-end.jpgd20200115-Spa-behind.jpg
d20200224-spa-behind.jpg
e20200115-steps.jpg
e20200224-steps.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimmielea

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.