Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool in Pittsburgh

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool in Pittsburgh

Hi,

I've been "creeping" on this site for quite awhile now. We're in the middle of our pool build and although it's been extremely stressful with some unforseen costs, I can now again see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm I don't know all of the details of our equipment but the pool is a liner radius 16 x 32 and holds ~20,000 of water. Thanks for all of the great advice that I've found so far! going to try and post a few pics.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool in Pittsburgh

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    1) 26,000 IG, vinyl, cartridge, Polaris Auto Clear Plus SWG, Polaris 280 cleaner
    Bought the frog pond in Dec'08, and learned a great deal turning it into the beatiful pool it is now!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm trying to post a picture of here we are so far and where we began.[attachment=1:26yw5jwd]P5155030 TWO.jpg[/attachment:26yw5jwd][attachment=0:26yw5jwd]P4124936 TWO.jpg[/attachment:26yw5jwd]

Hope it works!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

YAY - it worked, but I really need to edit myself for typos! My husband is outside fighting with the pump right now. Hopefully we'll get everything finished before the high temps hit PGH in about 10 days!

7. Back To Top    #7

Beautiful

Did you have that lovely retaining wall already or was it part of the build?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Unfortunately that is where the stress came in. We had to add the retaining wall but of course nobody tells you that in advance.

9. Back To Top    #9

Can you tell the finish on your concrete pool deck? It looks very nice! Is that coping around the pool or part of the concrete deck?
    28,000 IG Free Form Gunite with quartz finish
    Pentair Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS+SVRS
    Polaris 280, Sta-Rite 400K Heater-Propane

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks-It's stamped concrete - two different colors. the coping is a bullnose concrete Steigmeier (spelling?) instead of the plastic provided by the pool company.

11. Back To Top    #11

Nice pool That stamped concrete is pretty. More details & pics would be awesome. Does Pittsburgh have a pool barrier code requirement?
    On a side note the company I work for is based out of Cranberry Woods, PA. Are you close to there?
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks - we're hoping to get the furniture out this weekend weather permitting so I plan to take some more photos. We do have to put up a 4 ft. fence but for now, we're adding the ugly orange safety fence but a fence company is coming on Wednesday to give us a quote.

We're only about 30 minutes from Cranberry - it's a nice part of PGH.

13. Back To Top    #13

Very nice pool! It's good to see another new pool owner in Pittsburgh. We are in Forest Hills an get our dig date next week. Extremely excited!
    20x40 mountain pond IGP, 25k gallons, Hayward products: color logic LED lights, Aqua Rite Pro SWG, 1hp Perflex DE filter, HeatPro 5hp heat pump, Xstream slide

14. Back To Top    #14

Good Luck!

We went with company that gave us the most confidence that we would be ready by Memorial Day and they made it - My daughters were in last night - the water was cold has heck, but it didn't stop them!

15. Back To Top    #15

Hello fellow PGHers SBs & Pp09722 ... I'm in North Huntingdon.
    * Bought a home 2010 with a vinyl IG, believed to be 8,800 gallon
    * Hayward 3025 Swimclear filter, with Hayward 1.5HP Super Pump ... 50.76 GPM
    * TF100 testkit

16. Back To Top    #16

Hello - We live in Baldwin Boro - nice to "meet" you!

17. Back To Top    #17

We live in Forest Hills. Sorry for the late reply. We've been trying to get a dig date since May!!! We are finally up and running on the build. Walls went up today, cement bottom in tomorrow. Sheesh.
    20x40 mountain pond IGP, 25k gallons, Hayward products: color logic LED lights, Aqua Rite Pro SWG, 1hp Perflex DE filter, HeatPro 5hp heat pump, Xstream slide