I can't get my pH stabilized!!!

Ok...I understand a bit better now. Yes I am sure there is a valve for the waterfall. Need to look at that. But it sounds like I want the waterfall ON right now anyway, right?

Gonna test my numbers now and see what I'm lookin' at today.

ETA: Today's numbers:

pH 7.5
CC 3.5
TA 130
CYA 50

Off to add acid (turned waterfall valve off and will leave it off until I retest and be sure I got it down to 7.2), buy bleach and stabilizer.

It's getting there, Have a little POP! :wink:

You could raise your CYA level to 60 ppm if you wanted. You are far enough south the sun could burn too much chlorine off at 50. I wouldn't go above 60 ppm and then see where you are. You will have to dial in a pump run time and SWG time that gives you a target FC level of about 4 once everything is set.
You can shoot for a pump run time of about 8 hours a day and a SWG setting of around 40%. That might give you an FC level around 4 fairly constantly. It's really kind of trial and error. What i do is pick a pump run time that gives me 1.5 turnovers per day, then adjust the SWG to keep my FC where I need it based on my CYA levels.

hawkeyes said:
Can you give me suggestions on my readings? For the most part, everything has stayed the same every time I test with the exception of pH and TA...it rises, I add acid, it falls, it rises, I add acid, it falls, etc.

pH 7.3 (was 7.8 this morning so added about 44 oz of acid)
FC 8.0 (is this too high? Should I dial my salt chorinator down a bit? i think it's at 30% right now)
TA 100 (never have been able to get this below 90. It is always between 90 and 110 depending on acid added)
CH 270
CYA 50 (I know this is on the low end but my chlorine levels remain high so I assume this is ok???)

Temps here in TX are pretty steady at 80 degrees during the day. Is adding acid every other day just something I am always gonna have to do given a SWG and high pH in the fill water? Normally with a pH of 7.3 I'd be fine with it but my TA is still high. I'm so paranoid about scaling and if I go more than 2 days without adding acid my pH ALWAYS rises to at least 7.8 (sometimes 8.0). Water looks clear. There are lots of things floating on top (tiny particles of stuff) and I need 2 get 2 Wallyworld for some queen size knee highs---my baskets are pretty wide. ;)

Thanks for your help.
Tammy

It's normal since this is still a result of the plaster curing. It will eventually level off.
I would get the CYA up to 60-70 and turn the setting down some more on the SWG. Lowering your run time will help the PH stabilize too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.