ZODIAC Clearwater won't power off

Apr 21, 2010
Hi,

Just hooked up my salt system ( Zodiac Clearwater LM2 ) for my above ground pool for the 3rd season and encountered a problem. When I plug the unit in to the power outlet, the system turns on and will not power down when I push the on/off button.

The "add salt" light is on and the "chlorine output" light indicates the lowest setting ( 1 amber light ). I am able to elevate the "chlorine output" light to 3 green lights, however it won't go any higher. It takes an additional three pushes to return it to the lowest level ( 1 amber light ).

I confirmed that the cell is installed properly and the wires are connected correctly.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Jason

According to the manual, the only thing that should change when you push on/off is that a yellow light should either appear or disappear in the chlorine output indicator window. It never powers down completely. To say that another way, there are always lights turned on on the panel, but you should be able to stop it from producing chlorine.

Hi Jason,

I have this unit as well. The power button should toggle the power and all the lights should go out when off. I have had a similar problem where the chlorine output button has not worked or worked intermittently. I took the unit apart and noticed that water had been leaking through a small crack on the top of the unit. The water had caused significant corrosion on some of the ICs on the control board.

-Peter

Thanks Peter. On a whim, I removed the box last night and brought inside for a closer look. I suspected what you have mentioned that there was some corrosion.

Fortunately, all appeared to be in clean/working order. After letting the box sit inside overnight, I re-installed it this AM and hooked everything back up and voila... Normal operation. I'm suspecting that the units may be temperature sensitive. Temps here were around 10 C yesterday. I wouldn't think this would be an issue, but for whatever reason the unit is operating normally.

I appreciate the input from both of you.

JW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.