Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool new water

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool new water

Anyone I Am scheduled to get my new 18x33 AGP installed in two weeks.I had an 18 round soft side for four years so I have a Taylor test kit and learned to use BBB . I recall other than shocking for algae breakouts not having to use but around less than a jug of walmart bleach every two or three days.I think there was around 5000 gals of water.This new pool will be 14000 or 15000 gals .The fill water will be city out of a hose..Any speculation on what will be required gallon wise on the new pool and when can I expect to start chlorinating the new water probably right away huh.thanks for any thoughts.The pool has a two speed 1hp and a 150 sf cartridge is this enough sf?
    GPMIDWAY 18X33 AGP 2HP CARTRIDGE 2 SPEED
    WINSTON SALEM NC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new pool new water

Yes, the pump/filter should handle it great - run it on low 24/7 and you'll be very satisfied.
    I use about 1 large jug of bleach per week. Perhaps 2-3 cups every day/every other day... your demand may be more if you don't cover the pool, or if you have a higher bather load. But it should be less than 2 jugs a week if you maintain the CYA at 30-50. Yes, you can add bleach the first day.

Enjoy your new pool!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks frustratedpoolmom:

I and the grandsons can't wait to move up to this pool I actually enjoy the pool care and this site is great. The pool salesman really was concerned about our safety using BBB LOL .I know he's gotta make a living but pool chems are like printer ink they'll practically give you the printer if you'll buy the ink.thanks again
    WINSTON SALEM NC

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by gpmidway
    The pool salesman really was concerned about our safety using BBB
    What was his issue?
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

He was young early twenties and he probably has never had a pool to use BBB and a real test kit to confirm that you don't need anything else.Besides they make money selling pool chems also wanted me to buy an Ionizer to sanitize.
    WINSTON SALEM NC