18x36 Inground pool build in Maryland

Well our excitement was short lived. After the Indoc crew left I have to brush 2X a day for 2 weeks. I noticed these stains immediately all along the deep end. They said it would go away but it’s been a few days and it seems like they’re getting worse!

Also my tile was just plastered over. We chose the grey grout and they just smeared plaster everywhere and it’s in some spots and grout is visible in others. I assume that can’t be right?

I still owe them a LOT of money and they won’t see a dime until these issues are resolved.
BC0A2AF3-5DA7-48A2-A559-B3AC734A3734.jpeg72E88D80-64E5-466D-ADA7-40CCD4C3D17C.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: TKpoolOH
So glad you’ve got all that money held back. Might be a godsend to get your pool the way you want it and it should be.

Wait and see what it settles on but my trim border tile also got some plaster like you have on it. I think just live with that. The only real fix for the plaster streaks will be to totally empty the pool and try an acid wash, and chances are it will end up looking like that again anyway. My suggestion is try to get a credit from him and let it be. Especially if you want to swim when the season opens.

Wait and see what it settles on but my trim border tile also got some plaster like you have on it. I think just live with that. The only real fix for the plaster streaks will be to totally empty the pool and try an acid wash, and chances are it will end up looking like that again anyway. My suggestion is try to get a credit from him and let it be. Especially if you want to swim when the season opens.
It just seems like some cheap blue painters tape while doing plaster would solve this issue. Pull it off when they’re walking out of the pool and bam, no plaster all over the tile.

It just seems like some cheap blue painters tape while doing plaster would solve this issue. Pull it off when they’re walking out of the pool and bam, no plaster all over the tile.
You (or the builder) could probably get it off with a Scotch-Brite pad.

Here a pic of mine.

1651493372612.png

You (or the builder) could probably get it off with a Scotch-Brite pad.

Here a pic of mine.

View attachment 405997
But I like how yours has uniform plaster between the tiles. That wouldn’t be an issue, my issue is that there’s plaster in some places and grout in others and it just looks bad. I have an email in to them so we’ll see what they say. Like I said I still owe them 1/2 of the money so hopefully they’re willing to fix some of this.

Just left the pool store (builder owns it) and they gave me 8 gallons of acid and said to dump it in and scrub to try and remove the stains. The autocover company is here now installing the brackets and the cover for the stone lid so i'll have to wait until he's gone, and I have strict instructions not to close the cover until I get my water retested on Wednesday. I know, I know, I should be testing my own water and my TF-100 kit is in the mail. However, I want to do everything they tell me to while this plaster is curing so if something does happen (like these stains) they can't claim it's because of something I did.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test kit just arrived! Unfortunately it doesn’t look like I’ll get to use it until the plaster stain is figured out. They’re sending their head tech out today to look at the staining so we’ll see what happens.View attachment 406959

You can (and should) run a full set of tests.

The TA might be off from all that acid crashing it, but it's still a value that you can practice test, whatever it may be. (y)

I’ll give it a shot this afternoon. They’re doing final grading at the moment.

Make sure you download the PoolMath app and subscribe to be able to upload and store your testing history to this site. Enable the option to allow us to see the logs when someone clicks your name. Hover over my name and click on the "PoolMath Logs" to see what I mean.

So I ran the tests, here are my results…

Calcium hardness 325
PH was close to the 6.8 color
Chlorine didn’t turn any color when the powder went in and was clear with the drop test so I’ll assume 0
CYA started to get cloudy at 20 but I could still see the dot. I’ll add some more to a sock and throw it in the skimmer.
TA this one has me confused. The kit says it should turn green, however mine turned purple. I assume that’s due to the low PH?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.