Long Island
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So I’ve been doing some research about mesh and solid in ground pool covers. I’ve Also been researching some brand names as well.

What I gather is mesh filters out the debris and the water goes into the pool (rain/snow water) my concern with that is murky water when I open. Which can be cleaned with a shock I guess

I also saw there are solid covers, but obviously I’d have to drain the covers every once in awhile when it rains or snows which is a bit of an annoyance

I cant decide what to go with. Mesh or solid?

what’s everyone’s experience with them and Also what brands did you go with? Should I just stick with loop loc or are there cheaper or better brand out there for the price.

thanks for the help!

I have a loop loc mesh cover. My water is always clear at opening. There is some dirt on the bottom but nothing my robot can’t handle. The key is to close late and open early. You want to open before the water gets to 60 degrees. Depending how low you take your water at closing you may have to drain once or twice over the winter. I take mine about an inch below skimmer level at closing and I usually do a drain in early January before it freezes.

Reactions: duade
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.