Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cost answer

1. Back To Top    #1

cost answer

Going to replace an old AGP--Looking at an 18x33 Morada dealer wants 6000-- turn key 8100 installed including grading not electrical pvc not hoses

We have very few local dealers don't have a clue what is a good price-- any help greatly appreciated
    GPMIDWAY 18X33 AGP 2HP CARTRIDGE 2 SPEED
    WINSTON SALEM NC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cost answer

We bought a Vogue AGP 18 x 33 last July and paid $7768.50 (that included tax) and then $1425 for installation. We thought that was a good deal. They threw in some extras here and there as we bought our Dimension One spa from them two years before.
    Hope this helps, we love our pool! Even more since finding Trouble Free Pools!!
    Ruth
    18' x 33' above ground vinyl pool, 17,800 gallons
    1.5 HP Hayward pump with sand filter
    Ruth and John in Buda, TX just south of Austin, TX

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks so much for the quick answer rcar430 Yes I love tfp also
    GPMIDWAY 18X33 AGP 2HP CARTRIDGE 2 SPEED
    WINSTON SALEM NC

4. Back To Top    #4

We are looking at a 26 X 15 AGP (Morada) from Rec Warehouse....total cost pool and installation is $6400. Do you think the price will be lower in August?

5. Back To Top    #5

I haven't seen the price of kits go down in the fall or winter. Sometimes the dealer may throw in some extras to push the sale or offer discounts on other products to lure you in during their off season. It looks like a good deal to me. The only thing that I would recommend differently is to see if the dealer would sell you a smaller hp filter system in a 2 speed model. You will save $$ on your electric by running the pump on low to circulate your water and bumping it up to high just when you need the extra power for cleaning. I bet you can get a 1.0 or 1.5 hp 2 speed for the same cost as your 2 hp. Most AGP's don't need a 2 hp filtration system.
    18x33 Delair Sunsation GS AGP Oval 4 shallow-6 deep mostly buried