Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: colored replacement lights

1. Back To Top    #1

colored replacement lights

Hey everyone,
    My pool cleaner hates the colored covers for my pool lights, but I love the color. I do not however love the idea of spending $1500 to get new color changing intellibrites (I currently have 2 amerilites and 1 spabrite as near as I can tell). So, do I have any cheaper options such as a colored replacement bulb or single color LEDs? We're ok with a single color if it can save us over a grand!

thanks all!
    Darren
    ~20K gallon freeform w/attached spa
    Pentair 4x160 pump
    Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Intellitouch i7+3 controller
    Intellichlor IC40

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: colored replacement lights

Quote Originally Posted by drogers
    Hey everyone,
    My pool cleaner hates the colored covers for my pool lights, but I love the color. I do not however love the idea of spending $1500 to get new color changing intellibrites (I currently have 2 amerilites and 1 spabrite as near as I can tell). So, do I have any cheaper options such as a colored replacement bulb or single color LEDs? We're ok with a single color if it can save us over a grand!

thanks all!
    EDIT- I just found my email reciept for the bulb. Color Splash Led Medium Base Bulb Pool 120v - Lpl-2030-110 - 1 X $197.95. Sorry about that.

In my old Amerlite with a standard Edison base (previously used a 500 watt incandescent), 120 volt, the Color Splash LED changing, has been an amazing change. It has functioned well, and I've had no problems. Be sure to replace the gasket/O-ring when you do replace the bulb. I can't remember how much the bulb cost. I'm thinking around $130.

I also cleaned the lens and bucket very well using different products and scrubbing products. The rubber from the gasket had fused in some places so it took a bit of time to get that all cleaned off.

Others will come along. A lot of us have interest in using the LED bulbs. For one much energy savings especially if you keep the lights on for hours per night. Another is the much lessened glare from the bulb BUT better dispersion of light throughout the water.

I fought the Polaris knocking the colored lenses off and breaking them for years. And they always became scratched from Polaris pushing them around the bottom of pool. Real hassle.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine