Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestion: Quick Reply

1. Back To Top    #1

Suggestion: Quick Reply

Is there a way to add a quick reply option to this board. Sometimes I just want to say something quick, but having to click on post reply takes additional time. Not that it is hard, but a quick reply would be great. Maybe it is here and I am just missing it.

Also could we have a way to go straight to the post instead of having to go to the post confirmation screen.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suggestion: Quick Reply

Thank you for your suggestions!

We have a forum software update coming up soon. I will see if I can fit those ideas into the schedule.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion

We have a forum software update coming up soon. I will see if I can fit those ideas into the schedule.
    Hi Jason, is it possible to have a spell check software The old brain seems not to coordinate with the fingers lately
    And an automatic picture resizing program when up loading or attaching pics would be nice It is very challenging to have to make a copy of a pic and then to resize several times to get under 256 kb before it is accepted as an attachment

Thank you for your direction and support
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    Hi Jason, is it possible to have a spell check software The old brain seems not to coordinate with the fingers lately
    ieSpell is a good one that is free if you use Internet Explorer http://www.iespell.com/
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

If the pics are resident on your hard drive, you can likely use your photo manager (Picasa,etc.) and simply email them to yourself. Picasa (and I assume most others) will reduce them to about 60k or so.

Put the now-reduced photo on your desktop and upload it into your post.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

And an automatic picture resizing program when up loading or attaching pics would be nice It is very challenging to have to make a copy of a pic and then to resize several times to get under 256 kb before it is accepted as an attachment

Thank you for your direction and support
    Also I think firefox has a built in spell check. I use a program called faststone photo resizer and it works great.

7. Back To Top    #7

Safari also has a built-in spelling checker.

I will add your vote for a spelling checker to the list for possible support. There have already been several requests for a spelling checker, despite it's presence in several browsers, so it is fairly likely to happen (but no promises).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Safari also has a built-in spelling checker.

I will add your vote for a spelling checker to the list for possible support. There have already been several requests for a spelling checker, despite it's presence in several browsers, so it is fairly likely to happen (but no promises).
    wha ded u sey?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    ieSpell is a good one that is free if you use Internet Explorer http://www.iespell.com/
    JohnT I have Internet Explorer so I will look into your suggestion. I may have to PM you if I have a problem with it.
    Thanks
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

10. Back To Top    #10

JohnT, thank your suggestion. I have downloaded the "ie program and it works like a charm"
    Hopefully I will not look like too much of an idiot

Now if only we could have a program that would automatically make my pics the right size when uploading pics from my computer, without having to resize them first Just a wish

11. Back To Top    #11

A spelling checker has been added to the forum, look for the "Spelling" button on the post a reply page.