Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Splash Soft Sided Pools: Owners Opinions Please

1. Back To Top    #1

Splash Soft Sided Pools: Owners Opinions Please

Hi,

I'd like to hear from anyone who owns or has owned a Splash brand Soft-sided above ground pool. Any and all opinions from owners or previous owners are welcome.

Dealers of conventional AG pools are asked not to participate since I have found that most dealers of any product tend to trash the competition whether it's deserved or not. Dealers of Splash pools are also asked not to participate for the same reason.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    13K gal, vinyl, 3/4 HP pump, sand filter, Indoor Pool, Aqua Trol SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Splash Soft Sided Pools: Owners Opinions Please

Hi tom727,

This thread comes to mind about the Splash pool! It is very interesting!

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

We have a 17x29 foot Splash Superpool. We bought it because they are the only ones who didn't freak out when we told them we were going to have dogs in it all the time. (Splash is the official pool of DockDogs.) We have only had it for one season, but so far it's been great. I highly recommend it if you're going to have dogs swimming. Do you have any specific questions about them?

Labs in the Pool video: http://www.vimeo.com/5682052
    17' x 29.5' x 4' Splash Superpool AGP, 15,000 gal, Hayward S244T sand filter, Sta-Rite ABG4E-2A4BBB 1hp pump, BBB / TF100 test kit
    East-Central Illinois

4. Back To Top    #4

Will begin the 5th season for my Splash Super Pool. Am moving it and having landscapers make a ground level pad with rigid foam covered by geo tech cloth.
    The pool is easy to maintain though the sides move so need to be cognizant of deck placement and step installation. I upgraded to a sand filter and hi/low pump.
    It was not difficult to put together and it is very rugged. If you are new to pools as I was, take care of placement and installation locations.
    Splash Pool 13 x 21
    8000 gal
    Waterway filter
    BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

Can those pools be left up in freezing weather?
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes! That was a huge advantage for me and one of the reasons I chose this brand.
    17' x 29.5' x 4' Splash Superpool AGP, 15,000 gal, Hayward S244T sand filter, Sta-Rite ABG4E-2A4BBB 1hp pump, BBB / TF100 test kit
    East-Central Illinois

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm new to the forum - Not a pool owner yet. I'm in Southern California, USA area. Im looking for a 12' round Omega Splash pool. I can't find any dealers locally, does anyone know where I can order on line? I can't order from the Splash Superpool web site.

8. Back To Top    #8

I just watched your video - quite fun! Can you tell me about the ramp that's in the pool for the dogs

9. Back To Top    #9

We use a PetStemp ramp on a custom-made stand that's build from PVC pipe. I'd like to have a wider ramp (the PetStep is 18"), but have not been able to find anything that's safe to leave in the water.
    East-Central Illinois