Repair or replace tile?

Dec 15, 2009
Hello all, I recently purchased a house with a pool that needs to be refinished. I'm intending on having it refinished with quartzscapes Aruba Blue but I'm trying to decide what to do with tile. The existing tile is nice but it needs to be repaired around the steps where tiles have been falling off recently. Also, around the spa it has quite a bit of what I assume is calcium buildup. The pool company quoted me about $2,500 to replace all the tile or about $750 to repair and clean these tiles around the steps, but with no guarantees the repair would fully solve the issue.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to when it's definitely time to replace vs repair tile? Again I actually like the looks of the tile if it was in better condition.
Thanks!

Tile bond is often compromised when grout cracks and water gets behind tiles and loosens them over time. You have to do a careful inspection of the tiles to see if others will be falling off eventually.

You have to decide if you want to start with all new tile work or risk patching tiles every year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.