Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: How sick of this cold are you?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sick.

0 0%
  • Tired.

1 3.85%
  • Sick & Tired!

7 26.92%
  • I would have skipped Christmas to get some sun in my life.

4 15.38%
  • I've been eyeballing my pool for days...Possibly weeks.

5 19.23%
  • It's nice to have a change of seasons and weather, good & bad.

5 19.23%
  • I love bundling up! Cold is very enjoyable to me.

4 15.38%

Thread: How Sick of this Cold Streak Are You??

1. Back To Top    #1

How Sick of this Cold Streak Are You??

Lots of complaints about the major cold lately - and for good reason! Grocery prices are up, gas prices are inevitably higher .... What's your [limited] opinion on the weather?
    Shop Swift Pool Supplies - Your #1 Online Store for Discount Pool Products
    View Our Helpful Hubs - Find us on HubPages!
    Check Out Our Blog - :)
    Swift Pool Supplies on Twitter - Follow us for the latest updates & deals
    Facebook Fan Page - Come connect with us on Facebook

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How Sick of this Cold Streak Are You??

I wish it would have stayed cold. Now there is mud everywhere. A big mess.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like the perfect conditions for a nice soothing mud bath!

4. Back To Top    #4

I know it sucks when the cold gets to far south because then we all have to pay the price for lost produce etc, and the extra money you southerns have to shell out because your equipment is freezing up and getting busted but nothing we can do to stop it.
    I personally love winter. No yard work, no lawn mowing and no pool maintenance. What more could I ask for? I get a good 5 month vacation from all that. Nothing but play time on the snowmobile or sledding with the kids.

Don't get me wrong I love summer and time spent in the pool, but I think I would really get sick of looking at the same thing year around. I need change.

16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by 98xc600
    I know it sucks when the cold gets to far south because then we all have to pay the price for lost produce etc, and the extra money you southerns have to shell out because your equipment is freezing up and getting busted but nothing we can do to stop it.
    I personally love winter. No yard work, no lawn mowing and no pool maintenance. What more could I ask for? I get a good 5 month vacation from all that. Nothing but play time on the snowmobile or sledding with the kids.

Don't get me wrong I love summer and time spent in the pool, but I think I would really get sick of looking at the same thing year around. I need change.
    I agree with that! I lived in Colorado a great portion of my life and I miss the snow / seasons terribly. Quite a few of the snow birds who flock here for the winter months are NOT very happy about the cold following them, however! I just wish the cold would have hit at Christmas time. It was in the 80's at the time (or something very near to it).

6. Back To Top    #6

Hey there

You seem to like the polling

I like the winter because it's a chance to 'decompress' after a frenzied season of working on pools.

I do have to admit that I preferred the lay-off in Richmond, Va. which was 6 - 8 weeks vs. the 4 months I have to do up here

I'm very happy to see you still here after the lack of responses to your first poll
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

7. Back To Top    #7

Haha Ted, yes, I do enjoy a good poll! I love the input everyone gives as well. It's nice to pick everyone's brain from time to time in a light-hearted, off-topic way (just like winter gives you a break from pool work!) So expect more polls in the future! But I promise not to overdo it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Right now it is raining cats and dogs but this is better than the cold weather we have been having It is 69.5 degrees and we are having cocktails in the Flamingo Lounge watching the pool light show Oh well I know that we are the envy from others up North, just sit back and have a drink
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

9. Back To Top    #9

It finally warmed up enough to get back in the pool so I've been floating since Friday.

GO COLTS!
    30x18 inground plaster/pebble with spa
    Hayward cartridge filter C751 1.5 hp pump
    In line tablet chlorinator
    Heat pump heater
    Aqua Logic wireless controls