Jan 6, 2019
Marietta, GA
Hi everybody,
First time pool owner here. Just moved into a house with a 40x20ft vinyl pool.
Unfortunately, its too cold here it Georgia and I am DYING to actually use the pool, but its hovering around 50 degrees, which seems a tad bit chilly.
I have lots of plans to fix up the backyard. Currently I can see a few mtns (more like hills) from my property so
the hope is the accentuate the views and build a small bar on the patio. -- Any suggestions are gladly appreciated.

Looking forward to everyone's knowledge and insight.

Cheers!

IMG-4748.jpg

IMG-4725.jpg

I *knew* you had to be a Georgian as soon as I saw that title "Hey!" :goodjob: Welcome to TFP!

Gorgeous set up you bought there! I'd suggest delving in to the Pool School articles found at the top of the page and if you need to ask a question, just type it out on the appropriate forum. We're all happy pool owners here and volunteers who are more than happy to help newbies learn how to love their pools too.

Happy New Year!

Maddie :flower:

(you mention fixing up the yard and view.. may I suggest you spray paint that metal gate black to match the fence? Black seems to disappear from sight nicely)

Painting the back gate black has been at the top of my list, yet somehow, I haven't gotten to it yet.

And thanks for all the replies everybody.

I *knew* you had to be a Georgian as soon as I saw that title "Hey!" :goodjob: Welcome to TFP!

Gorgeous set up you bought there! I'd suggest delving in to the Pool School articles found at the top of the page and if you need to ask a question, just type it out on the appropriate forum. We're all happy pool owners here and volunteers who are more than happy to help newbies learn how to love their pools too.

Happy New Year!

Maddie :flower:

(you mention fixing up the yard and view.. may I suggest you spray paint that metal gate black to match the fence? Black seems to disappear from sight nicely)

May consider some Mirage retractable roller screens for your french doors. Can keep both doors open and not worry about the bugs. We went with the heavier screens since we have two cats. They are pretty nice.

Welcome to TFP! Kinda funny, we just moved to OKC from Marietta a few months ago. I am originally from there and do like it a lot, but not how much the area has grown in the last 20 years. Enjoy the new pool...well, in a few months, anyway! :)