Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replaster Cost Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Replaster Cost Question

Hello. I know this question has been asked before, but most posts were not in our area. My wife and I are looking at a house that is in foreclosure. The pool is from 1982 and is 510 sq. ft L shape with a small spa. It is built with as a diving pool, but the diving board is long gone. The inspection report mention there are areas of missing plaster. The pool was iced over today so I could get a very good look at it. My question is how much is a ball park figure for re-plastering it. The pool is located in Dallas.

Thanks in advance.
    approximately 14,000 gallon polygonal pool. Pentair SWCG, Pentair VS, Pentair cartridge filter, Fafco Solar Panels, and a Pentair Legend pool sweep.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Replaster Cost Question

Quote Originally Posted by shay1208
    My question is how much is a ball park figure for re-plastering it. The pool is located in Dallas.

Thanks in advance.
    4000 plus or minus.

See ya,
    Kelly

3. Back To Top    #3

The plastering plus or minus that Kelly mentioned is dependent on several factors:

Does the old finish need a chip out first?
    What finish do you want?
    Is the tile is good shape or is it something you'd like to replace with a different pattern more suited to you tastes?
    The same may be said for the coping too.

If plaster is missing, chances are it delaminated and formed a blister that has since popped and broken away. The question is what caused the delamination and how can it rectified so it doesn't happen again? There may be additional work needed that is hidden or it may just have been a poor plastering to begin with.

Some of the work mentioned could easily double or triple Kelly's suggested number, dependent upon materials used, any remediation, etc...

I don't want to scare you off this home. I just want you to understand that there are best and worst case scenarios.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks everyone for the information. We have decided to pass on the house for a myriad of reasons. The pool being only a small part of it.
    approximately 14,000 gallon polygonal pool. Pentair SWCG, Pentair VS, Pentair cartridge filter, Fafco Solar Panels, and a Pentair Legend pool sweep.