24ft intex ultraframe issue

Dec 14, 2018
Vic
Hi all. New to the forum but so far I've read alot of useful posts. We've recently installed a 24ft x 12ft intex ultra frame. I did all the right things level ground etc. It's just been filled with water and I've noticed one side has sunken the pavers in ranging from around 1/2 an inch to a 1 and 1/2 on one. Should I half empty the pool and re level or am I stressing out over nothing? And I am stressing out. Haha. With a level on the top it's only about 1/4 of an inch out on the bad side. Please help.

I hate to be the one to day this but............take it down and rework the ground :( You risk damage to the frame and anyone in the pool if it goes.

How did you level the ground? It is best to work down to solid ground rather than add dirt to bring a low side up.

Kim:kim:

:goodpost:
Sounds like you are going to have to drain, compact and re-level. They say you can get away with up to 2" but it's the fact your's is close to that right from the start and it's not even full yet. :(
If it's settled this much this fast I would think you need to go over the area with a plate compactor to keep it from slowly doing the same thing over a couple months.
It's a pain but better to catch it now and fix it rather than have a problem in a few months when stress might cause a wall to collapse.

That's the thing. I did use a plate compactor. It is full. I think it's sitting on the edge of the pavers on one side which has caused it to push them into the ground. Bugger. I've started draining it even if I can shift the legs when it's half full. What a headache. We did everything right and this still happens. Puts a bit of regret into getting a pool.

Like anything you do something can go wrong and causes a pain in the rear. Once you get it adjusted and refilled it will be a distant memory on a hot day when you and the family are relaxing on a floatie with a libation.
Sometimes you have to take that one step back to get ahead. ;)

The ground prep under them is the most important part. Once that is dialed in then you can think of going bigger but you do not want them to touch the liner so they will not rub it. Bigger pavers will not keep it from sinking. Only solid ground will do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.