Spa valve configuration

xnappo

Aug 4, 2018
Austin
Hi All,

My PB basically told me not to mess with the three valves in the image below, but they look wrong to me. Seems like the lower center one should be closed? These appear to be heater intake, heater out, and heater bypass. All three are open? Does that make sense?

Thanks!
xnappo20181210_075300.jpg

Is this a new pool?

Are you running the heater?

With all 3 valves open you have water flowing through both the bypass loop and the heater.

Is this a new pool?

Are you running the heater?

With all 3 valves open you have water flowing through both the bypass loop and the heater.

New pool, yes (~5 months).

Heater has been working, but I have to keep the flow fairly high or else I get flow warnings.

After some search I am 99% sure this config is wrong and have closed the bypass now.

Thanks,
xnappo

Without a signature with details of your spa (or pool) I don't have a complete picture of what you are dealing with. Read This BEFORE You Post

Some heaters have a maximum flow rate beyond where too high water flow will wear the heater core prematurely. Your PB may have set your bypass so that you don't get too high flow through your heater.

Could you take a couple more photos of the plumbing going to the heater but back up some to get all the plumbing around the heater. Seems like the same builder as another poster with what seems like two kinds of bypasses near the heater

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.