Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cloudy pool

1. Back To Top    #1

cloudy pool

Went on vacation for 2 weeks, turned off filter, although I have a timer on my pool (I didn't have anyone to come over to clean skimmer). Came back to green pool, I shocked to 15 since my cya is 30, after 4 days, pool was back to blue to but cloudy. I can see low end but the deep end is cloudy. I have been running my filter for 24 hours 7 days now. Here are my numbers:
    fc = 20
    ta = 120
    ch 120
    cya = 30
    ph 7.2

Should I increase the ch - I haven't touched that since I have a vinyl pool and when I tested no calcium was present.
    20x40 rectangle inground vinyl pool
    33K gallon of water
    1 HP Hayward Super pump
    Hayward high capacity sand filter S245T -250 pound sand
    pool is over 20 years old
    1 return line

2. Back To Top    #2
    Brush and vacuum all you can to keep the stuff where the filter can get it. Otherwise you are on the right track.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Also, if you haven't backwashed/cleaned the filter in the last week now would be a good time to do so.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, I've vacuumed, backwashed, and cleaned the filter.
    20x40 rectangle inground vinyl pool
    33K gallon of water
    1 HP Hayward Super pump
    Hayward high capacity sand filter S245T -250 pound sand
    pool is over 20 years old
    1 return line

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: cloudy pool

Quote Originally Posted by poolhelp
    ch 120

Should I increase the ch - I haven't touched that since I have a vinyl pool and when I tested no calcium was present.
    If your calcium is 120 in your vinyl pool, no you don't need to increase it. I guess I don't understand when you found there was "...no calcium present."
    Sandy

15,600 gallon, screened 15 x 30 sport pool with 6 x 8 baja shelf, IG plaster (Diamondbrite??), Hayward cartridge filter, 1-HP Hayward pump, Hayward/EUS Mark VI heat pump, Polaris 280, AquaRite SWCG