can i use 2in flex with uniseal on my aquaponic system manifold.

Dec 4, 2018
Barbados
I know this is not a exactly Pool but i think the people here will have the best advise when it comes to PVC plumbing........

The pictures are of my irrigation and drainage manifolds my questions are

1) if I can replace this pipe work with PVC flex 2 inch? is there a elbow and tee made for PVC flex....

2) can I use flex pipe with a uniseal?

Aquaponics is fish farming and using the fishy water to grow vegetables by circulating the water between to two.

Attachments

• 123-53.jpg
    123-53.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 123-1.jpg
    123-1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 123-37.jpg
    123-37.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 33
Unseals are designed for rigid PVC, I would use rigid PVC through the seal then swap via a coupling to the flex. Or a PVC coupling through the seal and flex into the coupling.

Flex glues up inside normal elbows and tee’s.

Unseals are designed for rigid PVC, I would use rigid PVC through the seal then swap via a coupling to the flex. Or a PVC coupling through the seal and flex into the coupling.

It would be a lot cheaper to use only flex in my situation but i like you idea of a coupling i may have to use it. the only problem i can see is that the coupling will be a little bigger and harder to get through the uniseal and they are already a pain to push through.

Flex glues up inside normal elbows and tee’s.

Thanks i was not sure because i tried and it leaked all over the place lol I ended up using silicone and self tapping screws to keep it together i guess this is because i was using waste fitting????? they should be used with pressure only?

It would be a lot cheaper to use only flex in my situation but i like you idea of a coupling i may have to use it. the only problem i can see is that the coupling will be a little bigger and harder to get through the uniseal and they are already a pain to push through.

You would need to use a bigger unseal. They are tight enough using the matching pipe. Even if you could get a larger pipe diameter through you would risk distorting the outer perimeter of the unseal and distort the tank wall. The holes in the tank and pipe diameters need to be quite precise. Normally the pipe is pushed through by ‘greasing’ the pipes with a little dishwashing liquid/soap and water mix.

I would think your cheapest option would be to adapt and use what you have. Flex is still quite rigid, it only flexes so much and will never be as flexible as hose. Flex is designed for pressure. I’ve had good success matching waste with pressure. Using a heat gun you can heat the pressure and stretch it over a cold piece to change the size, both internal and external. Both pressure and waist can be heated to create perminate flexes or changes to accommodate odd angles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.