Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
In anticipation of installing the Pentair IntelliCenter Control System Personality Kit i5PS in my IntelliTouch Load Center (hopefully within the next few weeks), I knew that I would need to install the RS-485 communication cable from my IntelliFlo pump to one of the COM PORTs on the IntelliCenter Control System Circuit Board.

I did not want wires hanging out of the Load Center or running on the ground around the equipment pad, so I decided to run a small conduit from the vicinity of the pump communication port over and up into the load center.

I used ½” IMC and grey electrical PVC. Near the vicinity of the pump communication port I used a Halex ½” NM relief connector.

Note that I had to modify my pump cover and cut a slot for the communication cable connector just as I had to do for the pump power Liquid Tight Flexible Metal Conduit. Too bad these pump cover manufacturers don’t realize that the Pentair pumps have power and control connectors on the side of the pumps that interfere with the covers.

Thought I would share this in case someone is looking for a possible wiring management solution to keep a bunch of wires/cables from hanging out of their load centers and running all around their equipment pad. I plan to do something similar with the IntelliValve Valve Actuator power/control cables that will need to be wired to the IntelliCenter Circuit board, Valve Expansion Module and Serial Com Port Expansion board.

Here are some photos (worth a thousand words right?)

IMG_4649.jpg IMG_4650.jpg IMG_4652.jpg IMG_4654.jpg IMG_4655.jpg IMG_4648.jpg IMG_4656.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4650.jpg
    IMG_4650.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4648.jpg
    IMG_4648.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4657.jpg
    IMG_4657.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 57
Thanks ar26pt!
Sorry to hear about that. Good reason to protect wiring etc. around the pad. Yea, those landscapers can be brutal to our pool equipment on occasion. I have two large California palms near my equipment pad. One time they were trimming them and a cut palm frond sailed down and over and took out the pressure gauge on my filter. Broke it right off. Since then, every time my California palms are trimmed, I put a coffee can over the pressure gauge and cover the entire equipment pad with a heavy tarp.
Lesson learned. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.