How should decking look against stone spa?

Jun 17, 2018
Dallas, TX
I know that decking should have expansion joints but SO is finding multiple spots where there appears to be holes/gaps between the actual decking and the pool/spa. Only allowed me to add one pic for demonstration.

Deck poured a week ago. This can’t be right...

Attachments

• E7332528-F77E-475E-B100-A81E1C8803C7.jpg
    E7332528-F77E-475E-B100-A81E1C8803C7.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 103
Luckily I just went through this. When they poured my deck a couple of weeks ago they put foam between the decking and coping and then around my patio where it meets the house. I opted to have my patio redone with the same finish around the pool. I thought the foam was kind of weird. Then the PB came by a couple of days later and said someone would be by on a nice day to caulk, as Jim posted above. Friday they came and did it. They pulled out the foam and then did the caulk. It looks more like some type of a grout, but it definitely finished everything off!

Ok they did pull foam and place caulk. Interestingly enough they also did pool start up though the grading and many other things haven’t been completed. It’s getting colder and I still need to have landscaper replace sod. Guess I will wait and see

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.