Any input on AIM (Artistry In Mosaics) or Aquabella glass tile?

pewl

Aug 3, 2018
Coastal SoCal
I need to decide on tile asap. I found one I like ("A") and can get it slightly discounted vs a regular-stock one ("B"). Both are from MasterTile.
Does price on glass tile generally equate to quality? The difference in price is not huge, but "A" (the discounted one) is slightly higher still and was originally a few dollars more per sf than 'B".

Does anyone have any experience or info on AIM- Artistry In Mosaics or Aquabella Tile? I've tried searching online but am not having any luck.
Thanks!!

In my humble opinion. Tile is tile is tile.
Tile requires maintenance. Just like cleaning the shower. Clean it, it stays clean. Don’t clean it, it will look like, well not clean.
How often do you wash your truck? I wash mine every two weeks. Not in a car wash at the gas station. I wash it in my driveway with the correct methods.
Looks brand new. And of course the overlords car.
AE2E9712-E9DB-443D-B864-56E81F4DE54B.jpg2DA4AAA7-CC5B-452D-AB08-B11E2FAEF462.jpg

BLACK done right! I am betting you use clay bar on those beauties!

Thanks for the input. I will say I know most of the time it is the installers that make the difference so...........go that route to make your tile work the best it can be!

Kim:kim:

LOL mslaman!! Car-shaming on top of tile anxiety??? That's just cruel. Mind you, my beautiful minivan is pretty awesome- even with the Costco car wash! I'll take anything after my yard has been mutilated by Bobcats and plumbers with shovels. It's a dirt-storm, here. Prepare yourself for upping that every-two-week schedule once your dig starts haha!!

I am sorry if I offended anyone. Not trying to shame anyone. I was trying to make Light of the situation....Nothing wrong with a nice mini van if that is what you like.
Yes, when the dirt starts to fly I am thinking of putting my truck in an enclosed storage unit since it wont fit in the garage....My Bride needs all of the room she can get with her, ummmm should we say, parking issues......
And yes I do use a clay bar, keeps me busy on the weekends until the pool build starts.

Ok cool. My bride says sometimes people don’t understand my sense of humor. The ONE time I listen to her. I get it wrong......I knew I was always right.
I have a couple beers so now sounds like the perfect time to go lay down the law.
If nobody hears from me again.....the wife did it. I hope her planned pool turns out perfect. Burry me with my truck. That is my last request.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update. I’m having second thoughts. This is not a good idea.
‘I am aborting this mission. And would like to pre apologize to my wife for ever thinking I could be right.
‘That is all. I have been grounded from my ipad.

OH MY! What has he done now??? Sure hope she digs him back up before the sun rises! Someone has to know how to keep those vehicles shiny! (DUDE did you really think you would get away with even thinking you were right??? :roll: as if!)

Our tile is the Aquabella Fjord tile. We went with the Misty color (FJ-1299) in the 1"x2" tile and we love it! I think it's a really nice quality tile. The tiles are thick glass and they came with a plastic sheet on the front of the tile. They did not have a mesh back. I think they were about $15/ sq. ft. Our pool is filling as I'm writing this, so they haven't been under water yet, but so far, we have been pleased with the look and quality! Good luck on your project!

I’m secretly replying while hiding in the closet. Evidently my bride read my post and was not pleased so now I am grounded from my iPad.
Whoever came up with the phrase “King of his castle” was not married.

Interested in knowing if you picked a tile.

Im hearing footsteps. Gotta go...........

All is good!
We had a small army here for thanksgiving.
‘My bride is in nursing school so she is permanently studying (only one year left!)
so I cleaned. And cleaned. And cleaned!
And smoked a turkey. Turned out really well. And the best part was the Cowboys won too. Been a great weekend.
‘Wife is happy and I have my I pad back.

Do do you have a picture of the tile?

My hat is off to your bride for entering the nursing field. It is a rewarding one but the school part of it is brutal! Does she want to do office or hospital nursing? What level is she aiming for?

Here is a link to pewl's build thread. She has some pics of some tile she was looking at. She has not posted which one she picked.

Really NEED some input! Dig is done! Coastal SoCal new build

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.