safe temp's to operatore 400K BTU HEater

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

I recall there was a thread that addressed the min temp range that N-Gas Heaters can operate. SE Texas had low 30's 2 nights in a row and our pool temps went from 69-70, to 50 degrees. At what temp is it ok to fire-up the spa? I love hot spa's in cooler temps...we have our lows now for the next 3-4 days will be 40-65 degrees, so it's not getting cooler.

thanks, tstex

As long as your run the heater until the spa water is full temperature (80F+) then no worries.

It is damaging to the heater if you try to maintain a low temperature, typically +/-60F and below.

Condensation in the firebox will corrode it.

Look at your heater manual.
From my heater manual "OPERATING THIS HEATER CONTINUOUSLY AT WATER TEMPERATURE BELOW 68° F. WILL CAUSE HARMFUL
CONDENSATION AND WILL DAMAGE THE HEATER AND VOID THE WARRANTY. Do not use the heater to protect
pools or spas from freezing if the final maintenance temperature desired is below 68° F., as this will cause condensation
related problems."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.