Jandy PDA locks up (stuck on waiting) when below freezing

May 24, 2016
Colleyville
Last winter I noticed that my Jandy PDA would get stuck on waiting and not establish the connection at times. There wasn't a consistent temperature, but it would only seem to happen when below freezing. My purpose is to just do a quick check that the pump is circulating during freeze protection. I read online that it could be that the microprocessor was locked, and I would power cycle at the breaker and it would work again. Also tried changing the batteries. Went through the whole summer again without any issues. We just had some cold weather and it did the same thing...so the only time it happens is when it's below freezing.

Is there something about the cold weather that can cause this? Anyone else experience this issue? I can live with it since power cycling always works, but still kind of frustrating because it shouldn't have this issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.