Hypertext in signature

J,

I would assume that you just go to the build thread and copy the title that is right below the +Reply to Thread button and select copy shortcut.. and paste it into your signature.

Just like this link is to this thread... Hypertext in signature

Please let us know if that does not work, so I can get someone that knows what they are talking about.. :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

It's the same as in a Post field:

- Type the word you want to be shown as a link.
- Select the word.
- Click the Link button in the tool bar of the Edit Signature field. It looks like a globe with a couple of chain links.
- Type or paste the destination URL into the resulting dialog box.

Jim's method will also work, but you won't get to control how the link reads. Instead, the system will pick up the title of the linked webpage and display that.

I interface with TFP in a laptop web browser. What are you using? My interface looks like this. The link buttons (make and delete) are last in the second row:

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 4.08.42 PM.png

I interface with TFP in a laptop web browser. What are you using? My interface looks like this. The link buttons (make and delete) are last in the second row:

I took this screen shot from my phone but it looks exactly the same on my laptop:
1D3DAFC8-8C36-4FA6-A063-34F03CE5E1AF.jpg
No Link button. Perhaps you have to have a certain number of posts before they enable it. Some forums do that.

Let me visit this shortly. The furnace is out at the house so I’ve gotta get a fire going to warm up the place. At 58° inside the family ain’t moving very fast. :)

For now you should be able to add this to your signature. You’ll likely need to remove some current text however as your signature is kinda long already.

[URL="https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/173891-New-IG-build-League-City-TX"]My Pool Build[/URL]

Should result in this,
My Pool Build

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Lee for looking into it! I can condense it. For some reason I just don’t have the Link icon for my signature.
Just copy the test[/U*RL] (only without those two stars inside the URL)

Which became a link to Google called "test". Like so: [URL=www.google.com]test

That's all the link botton does, behind the scenes. Just wrapped the BBcode URL tags around your text and link. In fact if you quote this post you'll see the actual URL tags instead of the link!

For Leebo's troubleshooting, I find it interesting that I have a similar, but slightly different set of buttons on my mobile signature edit page. For example, I have a link remove button the OP doesn't have (but no link button).View attachment 88877

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.