just found TFpools

Hi everyone,
We moved into our home 2.5yrs ago. It has an inground pool, I was happy just too trust the pool shop. Enough is enough. Time to learn the art of water chemisty.
I have just orded a test kit from ClearChoiceLabs here in Australia. Can't wait to get some accurate results and learn a bit more.
Cheers Julian

Enough is enough.

Hi Julian! We've all been there, and now we're all here, a lot happier! With better pools and more money in our pockets. Glad you found your way here, welcome to TFP!! ;)

Thank you everyone. I have been reading alot of threads over the last few weeks and learning from others. The cya test was the hardest but I think I've got it. Also clear choce labs provide samples to test against, which helps. So here are my numbers

FC-7 ,CC-0 ,PH-7.6 ,TA-80 ,CYA-80 ,CH-200 and CSI 0.14

I am hoping as I add acid to keep my PH in range this will also bring down my TA, and bring my CSI under 0.06.
Our summer here in OZ is about to ramp up, I can't wait.

Cheers everyone :cheers:

You're doing well, and your plan to maintain a careful watch over your CSI sounds very good. :goodjob: I'm not familiar with the esc24 chloromatic, but if it's not a salt water generator, then keep a careful watch over your FC against that CYA of 80. It's about as high as you wat it to go. Keep the FC/CYA balanced as noted on the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. enjoy! :swim:

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Why do you want the CSI under 0.06?
Note that the concern of scaling is at/above 0.6 ;)

Although with a SWG, you might want to try to keep the CSI in the -0.3 to 0 range to lower scaling in the cell.

I couldn't duplicate that CSI of +0.14. Not even -0.14, unless you have no salt and the pool is very warm. I got closer to -0.6, though I don't have your salt or temp levels. Be sure to include those in Pool Math, and double check your CSI. From the looks of it your pH might be too low.

As someone was kind enough to point out to me, if your CSI is low, that's not really an issue for your fiberglass pool. I missed that. A little low should help to prevent scaling on your SWG plates, as Jason pointed out...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just a few points, I only want to get the csi down under 0.06 because as I read it thats what pool math suggest. Is this correct ?

Arrrhhh my first mistake, I enter water temp in fahrenheit at 78, it should be 26 celsius. With the water temp around 21 early mornings and 26 in the afternoon what temp should I enter ? Also my salt level is 5500

With these numbers my csi is -0.58, is that ok ?

The range for CSI is -0.6 to 0.6.

With a SWCG, to reduce scaling on the cell plates, it is best keep CSI betweein -0.3 and 0.

Do you have water line tile on your fiberglass pool? If not, the -0.58 CSI you show is fine.

OK, that's more like it. Also sometimes overlooked, in the bottom row: "Suggested Goal Levels," be sure to set those pop up menus correctly:

Primary source of chlorine: SWG Pool surface: Fiberglass

Yep I have set up those suggested goal levels. The pool has no tiles in it. Water looks good, this mornings FC: 7 and PH: 7.6

The Monach esc24 SWCG has a self cleaning cell, it suggests cleaning is not necessary unless in areas with extreme hard water. I had a look this morning but couldn't see much. It looks like the cell is in some sort of plastic housing, what I could see looked clean and clear.

FC 7 and PH 7.6 now time to test the water naturally :paddle:

You got it! Resist the temptation to over clean the cell (I may be projecting!!). The acid impacts the longevity of the plates to some degree...