Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Extraordinary Pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Extraordinary Pools

http://opentravel.com/blogs/worlds-most ... ing-pools/

Stumbled on this link, some cool pools
    20 X 40, 28000 gal IG cement bottom, steel sides, vinyl liner, Pentair 4X160 pump, sand filter, SWG, Titan heat pump, coluorlogic and fiber optic. concrete-exposed aggregate deck
    1 skimmer, main drain, 4 returns ( 2 in stairs ) JEWEL LIKE WATER thanks to TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Extraordinary Pools

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

What size salt cell do you suppose they use for the San Alfonso del Mar pool?

Imagine the vacume....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

4. Back To Top    #4

I've visited the two pools at Hearst Castle (#2). The "Roman Pool" is an enclosed pool, built under (and the size of) two tennis courts, and the whole room from the bottom of the pool to the ceiling is 1" tile. The whole place is really scatterbrained but the individual pieces are amazing.

5. Back To Top    #5

Gellert Baths and Swimming Pool complex looks more like a cathedral than a pool. The famed Budapest's bath was constructed between 1912 and 1918 and it features chic Art Nouveau style. The temperature of water exceeds 40°C (110°F), so visiting the baths is a perfect way to kill the time on a rainy day.

Fortunately for the bathers in Budapest, 40 degrees Celsius does not equate to 110 degrees Farenheit!
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

good god

7. Back To Top    #7

x
    • Here's a news item that well fits the thread topic.

• Extraordinary Pools

The world’s highest swimming pool

It’s 76 stories up in Burj Khalifa, a 124-story building that rises more
    than half a mile into the sky (2717 ft). Located in Dubai, United
    Arab Emirates, it was just recently completed. It's height not only
    surpasses that of Taiwan's Taipei 101, formerly the world's tallest
    building, but it is the tallest man-made structure ever built.

14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __

8. Back To Top    #8

One word... Wow!!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

It is amazing what man can create when he is not trying to destroy one another.

Here is one that is not quite to the caliber as those porjects, but one we did last year.

10. Back To Top    #10

First class Chris I have always enjoyed your input along wiht Scott and Kelly.
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

Thank you.

I forgot to mention that this pool was built on top of a house.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by polyvue
    Gellert Baths and Swimming Pool complex looks more like a cathedral than a pool. The famed Budapest's bath was constructed between 1912 and 1918 and it features chic Art Nouveau style. The temperature of water exceeds 40°C (110°F), so visiting the baths is a perfect way to kill the time on a rainy day.

Fortunately for the bathers in Budapest, 40 degrees Celsius does not equate to 110 degrees Farenheit!

Its close, at 104. Which my hottub generally sits at, sure feels nice when its -20 Celsius out.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Molson
    Its close, at 104. Which my hottub generally sits at, sure feels nice when its -20 Celsius out.
    Yikes!! The contrast between air and water must be a shocker. Have friends in Albany, NY who do the same. I suspect that all of you guys are slowly cooking yourself to death. (You know about the frog in the pot of water on the stove, right? )

Here, a few times in December it will get as cold as 2 below 0° Celsius. I warm the spa water way up to 100/101° F. Not any hotter -- that's hot enough for me. Feels great in the winter to soak at night and do a little star-gazing.

Edited for font size - GxD
    __

14. Back To Top    #14

I actually prefer it around 108, but most people don't. But at those outside temps its cools REAL quick, after less than an hour its in the mid 90's and starting to feel cold.

Yes, its interesting at those temps, the amount of steam is neat, and my hair freezes solid after a while. The drinks stay nice and cold though.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Molson
    I actually prefer it around 108, but most people don't. But at those outside temps its cools REAL quick, after less than an hour its in the mid 90's and starting to feel cold.

Yes, its interesting at those temps, the amount of steam is neat, and my hair freezes solid after a while. The drinks stay nice and cold though.
    Drinks staying cold is a good think
    You could save the ice for a later time
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

16. Back To Top    #16

20 X 40, 28000 gal IG cement bottom, steel sides, vinyl liner, Pentair 4X160 pump, sand filter, SWG, Titan heat pump, coluorlogic and fiber optic. concrete-exposed aggregate deck
    1 skimmer, main drain, 4 returns ( 2 in stairs ) JEWEL LIKE WATER thanks to TFP!

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by silcozot

Another idea I want to build before I die.

18. Back To Top    #18