Robots and steep transition from shallow/deep end?

NorCalX

Gold Supporter
Feb 3, 2011
Brentwood, CA
Early planning now and I have been scouring photos to see concepts I like

This pool with the sudden transition from 4' to deep end is amazing and I'm interested in doing something similar

From TFP user Tx-C build thread

However, I am also leaning robotic cleaner and see some potential issues

Can a decent quality robot handle this type of steep transition? I know they do normal pool walls and waterline so I figure it will be ok climbing. But maybe it might have trouble mapping it out (if it even has that feature)?

Just wondering if anyone has ideas or dealt with something similar

There are probably variations on this where the slope can be more steep instead of sudden but I figured I would throw this out and ask

Separate deep drop.jpg

Separate deep drop 4.JPG

nc,

I can't see where it will make any difference to the robot...

They don't really map things out in the way you might think.. Once you turn power off they have to start over anyway.

And... What other choice do you have? If the robots won't do it neither will a pressure or suction style cleaner. :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’d say my robot, Jeff, would hand that no problems at all. If it weren’t for the lip on the coping he’d climb right out of my pool! He often comes up to say hi [emoji16]
6285d86af3859f2541de073800ca483a.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.