Testing after closing

LittleTagAlong

Bronze Supporter
Jun 17, 2016
Amarillo TX
We had a hard freeze a couple of weeks ago. I was ill so things didn't get done like they should have. I used Pool Math app, added bleach to SLAM level, ran pump 24 hours. Detached sand filter and SWG, taking everything indoors except sand tank. Left plunger valves on pool.
My question is what do I need to test for now and how often? Checked FC and CC yesterday - 15.5/0.0 I had slammed to 28. No cover on pool( finances)

Once the water gets colder, algae is very lazy and won't reproduce as fast (if you even have it?). So with your pool uncovered, I'd say just test the water once in a while (weekly?) and if the FC gets low, get some bleach in there and mix it up with your pool brush or something like that. In cold weather you'll find the FC lingers longer.

Just remember- no thickened, no scented, no Cloramax type bleach. You want plain, store brand 6% bleach.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks. My water was right at perfect when freeze came. I went to Dollar General and bought "cleaning" bleach - 6%, making sure it was manufactured in the last 2 months. This pic shows how clear it is 2 weeks later, even with leaf debris. Plan on cleaning that this weekend, then putting mosquito net over to catch leaves. What danger to plunger valves do I risk if I leave them installed?
1b4ddf907ae05f005eedabc5286e1122.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.