Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: aqua pure 1400 cell

1. Back To Top    #1

aqua pure 1400 cell

2 part question ...I have a Aqua pure 1400 salt sytem with the older style square 1400 cell, I just purchase a replacement kit Jandy Ro452400 3 port it did not come with salt sensor that plugs into bottom port it is brand new in box , the guy i purchase from said you could use the existing sensor that your old system had and this kit has a plug which you leave in instead of connecting and purchasing $200 dollar sensor. The kit seems to have all parts needed , My question is will this work with the existing sensor that is inline before the cell and is there any other parts needed to install this plc1400 cell kit. I was reading that there maybe be a coupler kit that i will need, if so which one. thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: aqua pure 1400 cell

14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: aqua pure 1400 cell

The new A/P cell sensor combo needs a little more space to install than what the old cell used to use.

IF the port that excepts the new style sensor has a "dead head", and you use your old sensor right where it is now, or has a threaded fitting so you can use the old sensor, then yes you can make the unit function. But i have not heard of such a thing as of yet. I think you need to get the new sensor as well.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.