Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
After about 5 years, my tub cover waterlogged and the water smelly. Possible chemical burn as well.

A new cover should arrive in about 2 weeks, what should I do to fully prepare for the new cover? My apologies if there's an existing thread on this.

This is an outdoor tub that doesn't get a lot of use (or proper maintenance), but hopefully that will change.

Arctic Spa / Coyote - Tuscon - 500 gal / 1900 litres
Ozonator - unsure of the lifespan of these

Thanks in advance!

Hello DB and welcome! :wave: I'll be honest, as a non-tub owner, I typically let other tub owners chime in. But this one seems fairly straight forward for now. I think you'll want to do a thorough water swap and cleansing of that tub before the new cover arrives. You might want to start with our How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?) page first. Lots of great info there.

You might also consider doing an Ahh-Some treatment as seen on this thread: Ahh-some treatment. Hopefully that will help get you in the right direction.

Don't forget to review our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry for more great info.

PS - I added "tub" to your title for more tub owner eyes. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.