Major Pool Reconstruction

Sep 22, 2018
Houma, LA
Hi everyone, we bought a house that had a IG pool that had been abandoned for around 10+ years. We weren't sure what to expect or even if it was salvageable. We loaded 2 30 yard dumpsters with debris from it. We also found fish swimming in it as well as frogs and at one point there was an alligator living there as well(he was removed before we got in). We have completely redone everything in the pool. We are replastering the pool, added new coping and also a waterfall wall.

We are also running all new plumbing lines into the pool. We want to make sure everything is done right. We purchased a sand filter for the pool and vs pump. We have also purchased the pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 as our controller. I am including pictures, and would like any insight or advice you might see to help us.
[h=1][/h]We are brand new the IG pool world and this is going to be fun. IMG_1373.jpg

Attachments

• 55924437451__C221812B-D2E6-458C-8A41-323A79E616FE.jpg
    55924437451__C221812B-D2E6-458C-8A41-323A79E616FE.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 140
Chad,

Looking good!!

What VS pump did you buy? I ask because the EasyTouch can only control the IntelliFlo style pumps..

How much water does your pool hold?

You will enjoy having a Saltwater pool. By far the easiest type of pool to maintain.

If you don't already have it, you really, really need to install ScreenLogic2. It makes programming and using the EasyTouch 10 x easier.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

thanks so much for your reply.

I am not sure how much water my pool holds, we estimate around 35k. We are purchasing the Pentair intelliflow vs pump 3 hp. We also have purchased the Pentair 640132 IntelliBrite 5G Color Underwater LED Spa Light,
[FONT=&quot]Pentair 600054 IntelliBrite Waterproof Outdoor LED Color Pool And Spa Light Controller, [/FONT]Pentair 619963 300W 12V-14V Pool Rated Transformer for Swimming Pool, [FONT=&quot]Pentair Water Pool and Spa 602056 Globrite for Swimming Pool. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
We are also running all new Plumbing lines for the pool. The contractor condemned the old return jets and make new holes for new return jets, as well as a Polaris port.

I plan on running all my own return lines and skimmer lines. The main drain is tied into one of the existing skimmers.

I have an older pump that I would like to use for the water fall features, Is this a good Idea?

My main concern is how to terminate the plumbing where the equipment is and hooking up all the equipment.

thanks again for any and all advice. we are doing this on a budget so we are trying to do a lot of the work our selves.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I add the ScreenLogic 2? I definitely want that. I thought it was part of the system.

Chad,

Here is a link to the ScreenLogic2 system.. https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-screenlogic-interface-and-wireless-522104

It was about $360 bucks a couple of weeks ago... so you might be able to find it for less. I used this link to just show you what you will need.

As long as your old pump works, I see no reason not to use it.

If your pool is actually 35K then your choice of a 40K salt cell is not an ideal one. We always recommend that the cell be 2 x the volume of your pool. A 40K cell will work, but you will have to run it at 100% output for 24/7 for it to be able to generate enough chlorine for your pool. Since you have the IntelliFlo pump, this will be easy to do. I run my pump 24/7 for less than $20 bucks a month.

Are you running all new plumbing from the pool back to the equipment pad? If so, I would run the main drain back to the pad rather than the skimmer. Are you replacing the skimmer?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Thanks so much for this. I will get it.

How do I Find out how much water my pool holds?

I am running all new plumbing back to the equipment as well. However the main drain is run into run skimmer that I am not replacing just running new pipe back to the Existing skimmer. It is cementing into the wall.

Chad,

Leaving the main drain plumbed into the skimmer will be ok... You don't really even need a main drain, so it is not a big deal either way.

Since you are plumbing new pipes back to the equipment pad, I would remove all the old pipes coming out of the ground at the pad. I would just cut them off below ground and bury them. I would not even cap them.. This way, if some one digs them up in the future, there will be no doubt that they are abandoned..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.