Inground pool winterizing, blowign outlines

Oct 10, 2018
Lynville
Hello, I am new to the site and a first year pool owner. My issue is blowing out the pool lines. I cannot get air out of return lines. I have air coming out of the skimmer and a air compressor attached the the filter. My sandfilter is set on recirculate and still grt no pressure from 3 returns. It's a saltwater pool so I disconnected the salt cell and ran a vac line down the the 3 returns lines that way and only time I got bubbles was after shutting it off waiting 2 min and turning it back on I got a few bubbles. I feel I've tried everything even tried using vac line downvote skimmer line . Any advice would be greatly appreciated I'm trying to save 250 bucks but may bite the bullet and call someone. I'll attached pics of my system

Re: Inground pool winterizing,blowing out lines

Do not disconnect the salt cell. No pictures attached either. The skimmer/suction side has to be isolated. Place a black plug in the pump basket so no air can travel backwards, and can only travel towards the filter, past your SWG and back to your returns. You have something open somewhere. Always work on one area first. Always use black plugs in the basket to close the area you are not working with.

I will notify a mod to move this thread to the swimming pool closing section.

I used a gizmo to seal the skimmer off and made sure all drain plugs were in and left the salt cell connected. You were right about something is ooen just cannot pinpoint where it may be. I'm not having luck attaching pictures I will keep trying.

I used a gizmo to seal the skimmer off and made sure all drain plugs were in and left the salt cell connected. You were right about something is ooen just cannot pinpoint where it may be. I'm not having luck attaching pictures I will keep trying.

E-mail the pictures from a smart phone to your computer. Download the pictures to the "download" folder. Rename them for easy access (Like # 1, #, 2, etc.). Then use the Insert Image function, and you will have to browse, click, and upload. Then space down before uploading another picture.

How are you hooking up the blower, and where. Pictures are a must in this situation.

Do you have shut off valves on the suction side (I only see 2 runs). Are they for the skimmer and main drain? Or do you just have 2 skimmers?

Leave cell in and plug the suction side as recommended before. Then try closing 2 of the 3 returns and blow air through the system. Try clearing the returns one at a time. You need a second person to help you with the air compressor (leave it running all the time). Try burping the system as well (place plug in), allow to build a little pressure (a few seconds - watch the pressure gauge on the compressor), remove plug and allow water to be removed.

If you can clear the skimmer, you can clear the returns. Again, isolate the returns one at a time.

I'm assuming the 2 runs are for the skimmer and main drain. I only have 1 skimmer. I will give the burp thing a shot and do one at a time. Before when I had the salt cell disconnected. I would get a burp from 2 of the 3 returns when turning the shopvac on then off forba min then back on I could get some air out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.