After hurricane numbers

Your FC is low for sure. I'd increase that to at least 5-6 for today. Use some regular bleach is it helps. Consider doing an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test just to ensure there is no excess chlorine consumption. Make sure the SWG is not on when performing the OCLT. :wink: Also, I'd bring the pH down a bit with some muriatic acid. Shoot for the mid-7s. If (quick) pH rise become a problem for you, consider lowering the TA a bit later as well.

I would add some regular bleach now if you have it just to try and avoid a major algae bloom. Let the bleach mix for about 10-15 minutes then add the acid to lower the pH. The SWG can remain on until later this evening when you begin the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't have bleach at the moment, go ahead and add the acid to lower the pH. Increase SWG output if possible until you get some bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.