I recently replaced my liner, cartridge filter and put in a new SWG. My chemistry indicates all is good but my pool looks cloudy once inside of pool with a scuba mask. If you look from above all looks clear as a bell. I don't understand how everything is good per my testing and same results from a local pool store ? Have had to clean my salt generator four times in 6 weeks. White scale build up on generator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 15 x 30 x 54 above ground oval pool
2 hp pump
two returns
Pentair 150 cartridge filter ( Brand new )
Intex SWG E.C.O 8110:(

Thom,

Simply said, your chemistry is not as "all good" as you believe.

This whole website is dedicated to the idea of the home owner testing their own water, with an accurate test kit, and then using this test data to determine what needs to be add, or not added, to the water to maintain the perfect pool water balance.

I have a SWCG pool and inspect my cell every 6 months.. It rarely has any scale, but when it does, it is a very, very small amount.

I suggest that you read our Pool School and see what we are all about... Pool School - Pool School

After reading Pool School, please let us know if you are interested in following the TFP pool care process..

Thanks,

Jim R.

FC = 6 , TAC = 6 , (CYA = 0 , YESTERDAY IT WAS 99 , from Pool store ) My test results today shows 100 on my test strips. I feel as though I can't read the test strips very well. So I take water to local store just to check my results. I don't believe the store results. Yesterday CYA = 99 and today = 0 ??????? Very little rain to speak of. Pool is clearer now and appears correcting. Thank you for the help.

I have read the Pool School Jim R. I 'm following the pool school math . My problem is the SWG manufacture preferred readings and everyone else's.Plus these test strips are difficult to read for results. Could be this color or that color , and of course the longer you look at it the more it changes color. I'm interested of course in following TFP pool care.

Thom,

We have zero faith in pool store tests and even less when using "guess" strips. This is why our pool care process is based upon testing your own pool water. To do this you need one of two test kits.. The TF-100, (the one I use) or the Taylor K-2006C (and yes, the 'C' is important)...

Once you get a test kit then you can post an accurate set of test numbers and we can get you and your pool pointed in the right direction.

If your CYA is actually 99 as the pool store reported, then an FC of 6 is way too low... On the other hand if your CYA is 0, then your FC is way too high.. see this chart.. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

I suspect your CYA is actually much higher than 100... as 100 is where the tests normally stop.

I suggest you get your TF-100 from this web site.. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjWmY2pqPrdAhUHP60KHcb5AJwQFjAAegQICxAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftftestkits.net%2FTF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html&usg=AOvVaw21JDQWbe_fSszS6vWoimTL

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.