Building! New IGP in MN

If it looks like we haven't gotten much done in the last few weeks it is because, well, we haven't. Rain killed one week. Not sure about the rest of the time. We are now bonded and backfilled. Hoping concrete gets poured this week, but that's what they said last week, so...
210b3991fadb024aea6bb1eec756698d.jpg

Concrete done! The railing is going to be changed from Grey to Taupe to match better. Pool builder threw chlorine tabs in the skimmer baskets, water is pretty clear. I have my test kit ready to go as soon as he leaves us alone, and ready to make a bleach run to Walmart.IMG_20190518_085506.jpg

Ok so pool is about ready to open. SLAMed it for a few days until I met criteria. Now letting FC drift down, water is clear. Unfortunately with the auto pool cover I am only losing 0.5 FC per 24 hours; will have to sit by the pool with it open to see if we can speed it up. I did add 55 lb bag of boric acid as well. Aerating to bring pH back up and will add more acid when high to bring down TA (already added dry acid once). Anything else I should be thinking about? I might bump the CYA up once my FC is normal.

Numbers:
FC 12.0
CC 0.5
pH 7.3
TA 260
CYA <20
CH 205
BOR 40

One additional question: I have sand in the pool that I can't seem to get rid of. Have a robot going multiple times a day, pump running 24/7 on 90%, brushing daily or more. Water is clear, but sand settling on bottom/corners. Is that normal for new sand filter and I just have to wait for it to slowly get better or do I have a problem? Have not thrown a sock over the returns yet, was going to do that next if it does not clear up in a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_20190529_200643.jpg
    IMG_20190529_200643.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 11

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you SURE it is sand? It could be dead algae. If you wave your foot at it does it "poof" or does it stay in place?

Kim:kim:
Hmm good question. When I brush it, it goes into the water and does not immediately land, stays suspended for a while. Maybe it is dead algae. It has been slowly improving, just slow. My sand filter pressure went up quite fast when initially SLAMing (backwashed sometimes twice a day), the last few days it has barely gone up. Alright will keep brushing and filtering.

Maybe I should hook up the vacuum?

To help your sand filter even smaller you can add DE to it! Here is a link:

If you do decide to do this make sure you are home to babysit the filter just in case your filter does not like the amount of DE you put in. Keep a close eye on the pressure and if it shoots up stop and do a backwash. Start with 1/4 cup and go from there to see what your filter likes.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: tatnai
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.